Rust in new car

Lebowski

• 7 months later...

It seems that a lot of the welding is done after the zinkbath. Also that I guess that is the frame for the chairs in the movie are not correctly prepared before going intonthe zinkbath. I believe they shall go through a ssries of preparing baths to eliminate grease and other stuff that is on the metal surface. Bad management and bad quality control!

• 11 months later...

Hi, I searched information about rust and the 2012 Dodge Journey. Google brought me to this post. We too have rust in parts of our vehicle. Dodge declined us the first time around saying that since it was only in two places that they believe it to be outside source. Yes oxygen and water create the elements of rust to metal? I will post pics soon of our rust. We first went with a dealership to send the claim. Now it is time to take action into our hands. I took more pictures when it rained and you can see the moisture that is seeping in on the back to create the rust. We purchased a new Wheel Barrow and just a few days only it being left out of our garage has already rusted our bolts. It doesn't take much for rust to start its chemical process and I hope other pipe in soon about their rusting experiences. Ours is a 2012 with 19,000k.

• 4 weeks later...

I beg to differ (maybe because it's my car ;) ), maybe it's not structurally serious, but it's like a big stain in the upholstery, I wouldn't accept it in a brand new car.

Completely normal!! In fact those parts were likely installed with a small amount of surface rust as shown. I used to work for a company which made these and many important structural parts for vehicles and brand new parts, fresh of the press will often times look like this. This is very strong and pretty thick steel and it would take decades in the moistest of climates for that rust to cause any structural concernes. Again completely normal and will be present in many areas of every single car made. If it is that bothersome to you I could only suggest not purchasing new vehicles as you will always be disappointed.

I have to say mine looks nothing like this either. I'm not ripping up carpet or pulling seats out to look for it, but underneath is still clean and shiny. Mr. Sabater, that looks like a flood vehicle. I'm curious how you got the dealer to "replace the car". You just said, "Hey look, it's rusty" and they said "Yep, here's a new car".....

1 week old? C'mon man, seriously?

What the hell are you people doing to your poor cars? Mine looks nothing like this!!

Nothing. It came like this. Maybe yours didn't endure a month at sea without proper anti rust treatment.

I have to say mine looks nothing like this either. I'm not ripping up carpet or pulling seats out to look for it, but underneath is still clean and shiny. Mr. Sabater, that looks like a flood vehicle. I'm curious how you got the dealer to "replace the car". You just said, "Hey look, it's rusty" and they said "Yep, here's a new car".....

Well, my dealer just said that's normal.

Yeah, right.

Nothing. It came like this. Maybe yours didn't endure a month at sea without proper anti rust treatment.

Well, my dealer just said that's normal.

Yeah, right.

Exactly what I thought. It came that way. Meaning the due diligence that "you" as a buyer should have done before buying it. Instead of spamming the website with bogus youtube videos, maybe you should lay blame on yourself and look at what you did wrong instead of coming to a forum and bashing people who have nothing to do with your problems.

Exactly what I thought. It came that way. Meaning the due diligence that "you" as a buyer should have done before buying it. Instead of spamming the website with bogus youtube videos, maybe you should lay blame on yourself and look at what you did wrong instead of coming to a forum and bashing people who have nothing to do with your problems.

When/where did this happen?

That's better. Lebowski has actually contributed some great how to's for the forum. He's right about not mincing words. I originally found his comments to be irritating but after a while I realized it was because of frustration. Everyone has their own style. You can see he's contributed to this forum for a long time. The one's that i don't care for are the trolls who make outrageous comments one or two times and never come back. Ah, ain't peace wonderful!