2011 u-connect voice command with bluetooth - part only!

Got in touch with the salesman who sold us our Journey and FINALLY !! the parts will be in on April 18. Spoke to the parts manager and he confirmed it. Said it comes in a kit.

Mirror, buttons etc...? I'm hoping. Trying not to get too excited! I'll believe it when I see it!! will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

ANy update? Were you able to get this installed? One of the main questions i have is if there is any kind of update needed for the actual radio system or not, or just a flash update or somethign as well.

If you can (and if you don't mind), can you let us know the final cost? Many of us have been wanting this for quite a while.

Well as it turns out the so called kits that the dealership received were not for my vehicle. They didnt bother to inform themselves on what exactly was needed on my vehicle eg: mirror,buttons on steering wheel etc... so I have lost the battle but I havent lost the war! Spoke with someone from Chrysler Customer Service, was no help at all, telling us " he is unable to do anything about it, have to work it out for myself with the dealership" So after being passed around between 3 different people, was told once again the parts are not available.

I came across this website of a dealer in the U.S. and they seem to have all the parts needed listed on their site, I have emailed them with what exactly it is I want to do ( add bluetooth, Voice Reg.) to my vehicle and what parts I would need to do this. If they dont respond within a couple of days I will give them a call, Then hopefully I can continue my fight!

Stay Tuned!!

P.S. here is the website.> www.factorychryslerparts.com

Edited by geurny2011

So I contacted www.chryslerfactoryparts.com today. He wasnt sure what parts would be needed exactly. Asked me if my radio had the speaking mouth symbol on it anywhere.

I told him no, I dont have that symbol anywhere on my radio, I don't even have the phone icon along the bottom where you would normally find the radio,climate etc... icons.

I proceeded to ask him, If I changed the entire radio, one with bluetooth compatibility and changed the mirror and added the buttons to the steering wheel. would it work then?

His reply, I'm not sure.

Told me to check the forums to see if anyone else had done something similar. Honestly, you think I hadn`t done that already!!??

Guess I'll just sit and continue waiting.....

I am still waiting for "some" development on the issue. My vehicle has the mirror installed, it has "the" place for the knockouts for the controll buttons on the wheel, the build sheet (if you don't have yours, call customer records and asj them to send it to you) tells me that I have the headlight dimming sensor in the mirror too and that dont work either.

In addition to all of this my radio, since purchase, intermittently simply does not come on when I start the car. AM and FM dont work but Sat does. After ten months of flash updates they finally replaced the radio. You will never guess, they use rebuilt radios to fix radios. I had just spent almost 200 dollars to upgrade my maps - of course with the new radio I am back to the older version of the maps. Oh well, use the DVD to upgrade. No prob. Right? Well new radio doesnt read any disks. So a new one is on order.

All I can say Uconnect, I would like to Connect Uconnect with my boot.

Jeez, radios have been in cars for a long time. Here I am on the first anniversary of my car and a (well rhymes with trucking) radio still not working.

I am still waiting for "some" development on the issue. My vehicle has the mirror installed, it has "the" place for the knockouts for the controll buttons on the wheel, the build sheet (if you don't have yours, call customer records and asj them to send it to you) tells me that I have the headlight dimming sensor in the mirror too and that dont work either.

In addition to all of this my radio, since purchase, intermittently simply does not come on when I start the car. AM and FM dont work but Sat does. After ten months of flash updates they finally replaced the radio. You will never guess, they use rebuilt radios to fix radios. I had just spent almost 200 dollars to upgrade my maps - of course with the new radio I am back to the older version of the maps. Oh well, use the DVD to upgrade. No prob. Right? Well new radio doesnt read any disks. So a new one is on order.

All I can say Uconnect, I would like to Connect Uconnect with my boot.

Jeez, radios have been in cars for a long time. Here I am on the first anniversary of my car and a (well rhymes with trucking) radio still not working.

Hey Paddy Jay, just wondering does your radio show the phone icon at all? Just wondering if the entire radio has to get changed or if its something they can update through a cd. The problem I'm having here is the dealership keeps saying they can't get the parts. As for the customer records, who do I call, do you have the number?

Was your vehicle supposed to have Bluetooth in it originally or did you decide to put it in after the fact?

Finally, is there any way to get your dealer/salesman to put those figures on paper? I'd like to have something to show my

dealership up here!

Thanks.

In addition to all of this my radio, since purchase, intermittently simply does not come on when I start the car. AM and FM dont work but Sat does.

Known issue, happens both with the 4.3 and the 8.4, no solution.

I doubt they know where to look: if the user facing part of the software is so pathetic, I can only imagine that what's hidden is a dreadful morass of spaghetti code.

Jeez, radios have been in cars for a long time.

RDS exists since 1990, however this POS isn't even capable to show the full (8 characters!) station name and it truncates it to 3 chars.

RDS exists since 1990, however this POS isn't even capable to show the full (8 characters!) station name and it truncates it to 3 chars.

Glad I listen to BOB then :D

Seriously though, I'm really surprised that with the amount of room they have they can't get more on the screen, or have scrolling text...

No need for scrolling text, there's enough space for 8 lousy characters with a somewhat smaller font (like, e.g, the mp3 player on the same screen).

And don't get me started about the preset buttons (again, useless since they only show 3 characters of the station name).

With an even smaller font and/or scrolling text they could even show radio text on the main screen instead of a separate one, but since they cannot even manage to make the radio reliably start every time, maybe I'm asking too much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Popped into this thread just hoping to find out if the software can be hacked up a bit on the 8.4 as I am more impressed with the 2012 version than my 2011 version. Sadly I read all about folks having problems with bluetooth, characters not displaying and not starting properly. Who knew bluetooth was even an option, with all of those ad campaigns about the Jeep being reinvented I would have assumed the Journey got some love too. I bought the 2011 LUX loaded with everything just because it looked to have more technology than all of the other offerings available.

My bluetooth and radio sucked for the first few months, had the dealer do some updates last winter and it fixed all my trouble. My phones quit dropping connections, sound quality is great, passengers in back seat can participate in calls. My voice commands work way better to change stations now. All the text displays on my songs and stations, including the big logos on the shortcuts. The screen and steering wheel are able to control the pandora and other audio apps on my phones via bluetooth, even parts of the Netflix apps on our iPods and iPads.

**** Note: anyone that is in trial with their Sirius subscription, mark your favorite programs and artists, fill the list full. It will keep you from having to buy the subscription when it expires.

Sorry to hear about all the frustration for others. If anyone has modded one of these (like rooting a droid phone) I'd love to hear about it. Or even if anyone has bypassed the speed sensor for the video system.

-jerk

Sure generaltso,

I was digging the Sirius XM while I had it, think it was the highest package less the Internet. When it expired I called and they asked my to bend over while they took my wallet. Needless to say I declined renewal and let it slide. All of my memories got blanked and they only let me have 0 and like 186 for channels, couldn't tune anything in. Over the next few days I noticed my system beeping when a favorite came on, I'd switch from FM to SAT and would be able to tune to the channel with my favorite on it. I re-locked all my favorite channels into memory during the next week or two when songs and programs came back on. Been running fine for the last 2 to 3 months, completely expired. Downside is that I only get station numbers, names are all scrambled, all song and program info is perfect though, just waiting for NFL to come back into season so I can get those channels back. Last low side is you only get as many stations back as you can fit on the memory spots. So truthfully I could break down and pick 50 channels in the A La Carte package for $7.99/mo and use my 50% off coupon for a whopping $4/month.

We'll see how much longer I can go on the 16 or so stations in memory now.

-jerkface