Waite Time for being built to order

dencord123

Can everyone who order thier Journey share thier total waite time.

I also read somewhere here about being able to track you Journey as it was being built, If someone knows who to do that please share.

Also I read that the Nav system is holding orders up does anyone know if that is true or not. I order the Nav system because I tend to get fustreded when I dont know where I am going. Felt it would help with my stress.

We order ours May 2nd I asked the dealer to call me when we get a Vin Number. But of course nothing yet.

Can everyone who order thier Journey share thier total waite time.

I also read somewhere here about being able to track you Journey as it was being built, If someone knows who to do that please share.

Also I read that the Nav system is holding orders up does anyone know if that is true or not. I order the Nav system because I tend to get fustreded when I dont know where I am going. Felt it would help with my stress.

We order ours May 2nd I asked the dealer to call me when we get a Vin Number. But of course nothing yet.

well at first the nav was hold up as the supplier wasn't able to meet the time frame alotted. Everything is a go now from what I understand. If you live in the States, you can track your Journey through a 1-800 number from the Dodge.com site. In Canada, you are at the mercy of the dealership. I ordered ours March 13th and we are still waiting. See my thread all about it " I GOT MY VIN". Best bet is, go to the dealer and ask for them to check on the staus. Don't wait for the dealer to call you. It may sound cold, but they don't have the time to check all the time. If you are there, they will check for you. Ask them to print out the status so far. If you are from out of town (a distance from the dealer, stop by every Saturday and wait til you get the staus. I have waited up to an hour for them to find time. Stay on top of your order as this shows them you are engrossed in the sale/transaction and they will know you are picky. Your PDI work order will no doubt be sent with a message "customer is picky" or something like that and the person doing the PDI will be sure to take extra care. I am not saying that most PDI's are just done and out the door it goes. This is just an extra step to be sure the PDI goes well.

just some ides for you

Rob

My Journey (R/T, AWD, 3rd row, trailering and convenience package) was ordered March 10th. April 4th status changed to "E" meaning being built in framing. Ship date from factory was scheduled for April 7th. The next Tuesday, April 15th, it was in Texarkana, Arkansas, with a estimated delivery date of April 24th. Then on April 22nd it was in Minnesota somewhere (the dealer left a message and I never caught the city), delivery date slipped to April 29th. Then on April 29th the status was on a truck in Edmonton, AB to be delivered that day. I am not sure what happened but it was not delivered by truck to the dealer until May 1st.

I ordered SXT AWD w/NAV 3rd row seats on March 30, delivery at dealership is scheduled for May 19. I can't recall exactly when it shipped, but I believe it was either a day after Keith or before. BTW Keith has his at the dealership now.

I am very lucky to live in a small town with a very good dealership. I have never had a problem with updates, or just stopping in to talk "Journeys"!!!!

I guess if the dealership is too busy, maybe they should be expanding!! I don't believe that a customer who is willing to pay such a large amount of money on something that will depreciate from the first minute you take ownership should wait that long for information.

That's just my 2 cents worth.

Rick.

dencord123,

I believe it has a lot to do with where you live; USA or Canada. There is a fixed number of Journeys aloted to the US and a lesser number aloted to Canada and this has nothing to do with the economy, etc.

In the present economic situation Canada is fearing slightly better than the US and people are buying app the same number of vehicles per capita as last year. The US citizens on the other hand are buying less. With the same number of vehicles aloted to the US as before makes the wait much shorter in the US (About 1 month) than Canada (About 2 months).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Good luck with yours.

Keith

Dealer called back car is in B staus vin # 3d4gh57v99T234226. When I looked on Rob's list B Status that the dealer gave me is missing something. But at least I have a Vin so I know its being built :happy feet::happy feet::happy feet:

I bet he ment to say D status. This is were they assign the serial # which is the VIN.

This is the status my Journey is in. My order went in on April 24th.

My VIN is slightly different xxxxxxxxxxT222195.

Seth

dencord, actually it looks like about 7 1/2 week delivery!! I thought the same thing at first!!

Rick.

Oh I see March to May. I dont know how I missed read that one. My husband said he told the guys at work about us getting the Journey and they kept teasing him that he would be driving a mini Van. I laughed and said he will have to drive it to work and see what they think. I bet after one look they will change thier mind think.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to give you all an update Dealer just called me back.

Said Car is schedule to be built week of 23rd. With a ship date of 27th or 28th and said it take 10 days to two weeks to get to Denver. ( Mid July)

He said that the third seat has been on back order for a month and the Entertainment group 2

When I asked him why if these items were out of stock when I placed my order why did they not tell us up front so we could of looked around more for a already built car.

He said he did not know why he had to make 10 calls to get a built date either. He says that he is sorry and wants the car here as much as I do.

I wanted to give you all an update Dealer just called me back.

Said Car is schedule to be built week of 23rd. With a ship date of 27th or 28th and said it take 10 days to two weeks to get to Denver. ( Mid July)

He said that the third seat has been on back order for a month and the Entertainment group 2

When I asked him why if these items were out of stock when I placed my order why did they not tell us up front so we could of looked around more for a already built car.

He said he did not know why he had to make 10 calls to get a built date either. He says that he is sorry and wants the car here as much as I do.

Ya my dealer was saying the samething a couple weeks ago about the 3rd row being on back order. Only a handful are being built as the parts come in. Ours is on the way and is supposed to be here on the 26th of this month. I will stop by the dealer on Friday for another update. My ship date slipped from April 23rd to May 16th then to June 4th, ah well the $40,000 set aside for the Journey is still in the bank is collecting interest,..... :hysterical:

Rob

• 2 months later...

Ordered mine (SXT w AWD, convience I, third row, and child boosters) in early May and it arrived on August 18th! Took a long time to get any info from the dealer but was told at the end of the day that the plant has incurred some shutdowns. A little disappointing at the time line but at least its here.

Ordered mine (SXT w AWD, convience I, third row, and child boosters) in early May and it arrived on August 18th! Took a long time to get any info from the dealer but was told at the end of the day that the plant has incurred some shutdowns. A little disappointing at the time line but at least its here.
Lucky you. I ordered an R/T AWD on May 6 and am still waiting. ETA at dealer has been changed 3 times and is now Sept. 1 which is Labour Day. Fat chance.

• 3 weeks later...
Lucky you. I ordered an R/T AWD on May 6 and am still waiting. ETA at dealer has been changed 3 times and is now Sept. 1 which is Labour Day. Fat chance.

Good luck to you. I ordered mine on June 26. It was built and out the door on July 26. Delivery date was Aug 8. It still has not been delivered. Now, Sept 12, I am told it is in Newark, NJ. Good luck to me.

If Sept 26 comes and they still don't have it they can keep it. If you can't deliver a product in 3 months you should not be selling it until you get the kinks worked out of the system. If you try you just get :rant2: off customers.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered my 2,4 MT (manual transmission) with travel package (dark windows, roof rack, cruise control etc.) also nearly out of showroom. Had to wait only two days till I got the car with license plate (number).

In two weeks I´ll get two additional goodies from my dealer - rear PDC and leather steering.

Sorry for may bad english - coming from Germany.