How to play DVD in front display while driving!

• Official Dodge Support

So anyone ??? able to do it enable DVD in front? :(

gieves,

I would recommend not manipulating your DJ to achieve this.

I always say if it's not broken don't fix it, not to mention the overwhelming distraction in low light conditions such as at night.

But that's just my two cents.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

cry cry cry, so what if you have a DVD playing while driving, I know for a fact that 97% of ALL drivers mess with the radio while driving, and if you have SXM I know a lot of people spend about 10mins going trough their presets or going though all the stations, and just because the controls are on the wheel don't mean jack, great read though, did it by accident back in nov after I picked my 09 DJ up, had Monsters U going for the kids and was going to look at something in the settings and said screw it took off and backed out and was like wow the vid is still going, but as soon as I stopped it went back to normal, you should do it on long drives works great when we would do it driving 4-5hrs to Dallas..... but now I guess I need to take my player apart and fix it since it doenst work anymore just the radio and media

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...

OK. Here's how you get the movie to play while driving. While sitting stopped get the movie to play on the front screen. Before you start driving hit the button to turn off the front screen. Once you're going over 5mph you can turn the screen on, and the movie will stay playing up front. Works everytime on my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 

• 3 months later...

Holy crap, I've had our Journey Crew (2012) for almost 5 years and didn't realize the DVD actually plays in our front screen.  I was always under the assumption the DVD's just played audio over the speakers.  I just put it in drive to park in our garage and it kept playing, but I don't know if I'll run into issues if I get to a certain speed.  Obviously for me driving this isn't a big deal, but could be decent for my wife or even if I move/fold passenger seat it may be fun for the kid.  We'll try it out. 

I wonder if I have capabilities to get a rear camera then.  I feel like I had this big U-Connect screen and sure would be nice to easily hook up a rear camera. 

So yeah, when I started driving down the road the screen disable but audio continued.   I'm kind of intrigued by that LockPick but tentative to drop $200+ on it not knowing how intensive the install in addition for how much would i actually use the DVD feature.  We just got a Pacifica so the DJ isn't our primary vehicle anymore.   Has anybody gotten the LockPick and recommend it?

A coworker told me about how just pushing the parking brake on. Just enough to activate the light and not brake the vehicle, he said that was how his wife was able to watch videos while driving . Not sure if that was on an older RAM 1500 only ?