Tow Eye/Hook Storage

fcasontoo

i talked to some tow truck drivers when this was discussed yrs ago here , they laughed and said they have them to use ,but  there are  different sizes for different vechiles but we dont bother to take the time to use them to much trouble they said,..   Just snatch and grab and go

Volunteer firefighter for too many years now LOl. I have never seen a tow truck driver use any of those connections. As mentioned by 2late4u 'snatch and grab" your lucky if it is taken out of gear half the time. Unless you plan on keeping it on ready to use all the time, return it. 

Yeah, so...got home with hook, popped open access flaps, front and rear, no threaded component to mount hooks to. There was a hole in each cross member behind the bumper covers but no hole in the frame where a threaded nut would have been welded to screw the hook in. I will be taking the hook back to dealer for refund. POS Avenger station wagon is all this thing is.

20 minutes ago, fcasontoo said:

Yeah, so...got home with hook, popped open access flaps, front and rear, no threaded component to mount hooks to. There was a hole in each cross member behind the bumper covers but no hole in the frame where a threaded nut would have been welded to screw the hook in. I will be taking the hook back to dealer for refund. POS Avenger station wagon is all this thing is.

LOL cant believe this is what makes you so upset about the journey.....your life must be one hell of a ride

1 hour ago, fcasontoo said:

LOL....Doesn't take much to ruffle your feathers, huh??

Well, that's it...I'm done. I enjoy the Journey, I like the ride, I like the layout, I like the way it runs. But, damn, if there is no threaded hole for a hook that will never be used, it's junk.

I just hope I can pawn it off on some unsuspecting individual who deserves a POS Avenger. :rant:

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2020 at 9:59 AM, 2late4u said:

LOL cant believe this is what makes you so upset about the journey.....your life must be one hell of a ride

Yeah, I can laugh at myself. Just not a fan of FWD crossovers, but this is the wife's car and this is what she wanted, the other option was a FWD Pathfinder, so...

On 1/10/2020 at 6:02 PM, OhareFred said:

If you wanted a real 4x4, you should have bought a Jeep Trailhawk.  The Journey IS NOT an off road vehicle....it’s a parking lot with snow vehicle 

As I replied to other post, this is my wife's car and this is what she wanted, so, there's that. I know it's not an off road vehicle, I was traveling north from Houston to Arkansas into icy conditions and just wanted an easily accessible tow point/hook in case I went off the road. The FWD worked good on the ice, except once when I was trying to get up an incline out of a gas station. Laughing at myself now, reading my post.

On 1/10/2020 at 3:51 PM, Summer Solstice said:

Well, that's it...I'm done. I enjoy the Journey, I like the ride, I like the layout, I like the way it runs. But, damn, if there is no threaded hole for a hook that will never be used, it's junk.

I just hope I can pawn it off on some unsuspecting individual who deserves a POS Avenger. :rant:

Yeah, my wife I enjoys it, so happy wife, happy life. It's her car, what she wanted. Just not a fan of FWD crossovers built on car platforms, but my wife likes it. Yeah, laughing at my original post now.