Thick white smoking coming from engine

I own a 2009 Dodge Journey RT and recently started having a lot of thick white smoke coming from my engine. When I Stop it get worse at a light. It is starting to loosen the seal of my front window and coming between the seal and the window. It is mainly on the right passenger side and when I open the hood I can not locate where the smoke is coming from. I recently replaced my thermostat thinking that was the problem and it stopped for about a week and now I am back to square one. Has anyone had this issue and what was the problem? Thank you for your help! I’m a single mom and can’t afford to pay a ton to have someone replace a bunch of parts and it not fix it. Thank you for all your help!

Valve cover gaskets, water pump seal, Transmission leaking, etc. gotta find out what fluid is leaking and where it’s leaking from. It’s kinda difficult to guess without seeing the vehicle. Do you have a mechanically inclined friend that could help you inspect?

Edited by jkeaton

As jkeaton says, you need to identify the fluid first. Smell is your best tool here.

There are two basic fluid groups under the hood. Oil and water. Antifreeze/water will have a strong hot smell and a lot of humidity. Oil will smell like oil. Hopefully,  you can determine that first.

If you can determine how far down the smoke starts, and front or back, left or right,  that helps too.

Last, how is your temperature and oil gauge reading?

• Official Dodge Support
6 hours ago, JamieBrooke1105 said:

I own a 2009 Dodge Journey RT and recently started having a lot of thick white smoke coming from my engine. When I Stop it get worse at a light. It is starting to loosen the seal of my front window and coming between the seal and the window. It is mainly on the right passenger side and when I open the hood I can not locate where the smoke is coming from. I recently replaced my thermostat thinking that was the problem and it stopped for about a week and now I am back to square one. Has anyone had this issue and what was the problem? Thank you for your help! I’m a single mom and can’t afford to pay a ton to have someone replace a bunch of parts and it not fix it. Thank you for all your help!

Hi Jamie, We sincerely regret to hear of all the trouble that has been associated with your exhaust.  Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Please follow up with us via PM to provide more details regarding your concerns! 
Rob
DodgeCares