Warning Lights Question

trevc

I have a Dodge Journey Crew 2013

I have the ! & P lights (see attached image) that come on periodically, stay on for 30 or so seconds then clear.

I took it into the Chrysler dealership and they didn't know what was wrong so had the tech check out the E-Brake and said thank you for $160 .. and the lights came on again on the way home.  

I checked the manual and don't see any mention of this, is there somewhere that will tell me what this means?

Image 2019-11-25 at 8.23 PM.jpg

as above and also might be the rear brake pads low, yrs ago my daughters van brake light came on and it was the rear brake shoes were wore out,,,check the whole brake system and also have them check the parking brake cable to see if it has loosened up and or stuck,,,local brake shops would probally do most of this for free hoping they find the problem so they can charge you...good luck

Edited by 2late4u

• Official Dodge Support
15 hours ago, trevc said:

I have a Dodge Journey Crew 2013

I have the ! & P lights (see attached image) that come on periodically, stay on for 30 or so seconds then clear.

I took it into the Chrysler dealership and they didn't know what was wrong so had the tech check out the E-Brake and said thank you for $160 .. and the lights came on again on the way home.  

I checked the manual and don't see any mention of this, is there somewhere that will tell me what this means?

Image 2019-11-25 at 8.23 PM.jpg

Hi trevc, We sincerely regret to hear about your sentiment here. We kindly recommend following up with your local Dodge dealer. If you need another layer of support while visiting your dealer, our team is just a PM away.
Rob
DodgeCares

12 hours ago, probak118 said:

Dealer accepted your $160 but did they even check the parking brake system at all ?  The " ! " symbol is a brake trouble indicator symbol on Canadian sold vehicles when I googled those symbols.

Agreed. If you paid to get a diagnosis of your problem, then you should have received something showing what is wrong and/or something darling what was done tio solve the problem. If the problem wasn't resolved, then take it back for a reinspection.