All I see are DJs

probak118

Agreed...3 years ago when I bought mine, I didn't even know about these cars and definitely didn't see any in my area (Bay Area, CA). This past weekend my daughter noticed a lot of "twins" driving around. Even one around the corner from my place. I tend to stare at the driver wondering if it's one of you guys (sorry if you notice a guy staring at you) :cool:

I have noticed them for a while now. It seems like lately though, I do so more and more on the road. Me and my two little ones say "Dodge Life Baby" every time we see a Journey, we seem to say it a lot!!!

Edited by km-04

I Live/work in Detroit metro,: 
I can confirm Dodge Journey is a VERY popular choice of inexpensive crossover, especially in blue collar metro-Detroit. I'll often find myself in mini herds of DJs while zipping through traffic.

As far as a car goes, It checks all the boxes:

-'American' (this is a pre-req for 90% of car owners in Metro Detroit)

-SUV, so it's presumed safe (this is up to debate)

-Inexpensive to own and repair

-Good Looking exterior (if your sense of automotive style is grounded in 2008, which wasn't a bad time at all)

-Very Very Good looking interior.

GM and Ford's product is more expensive. I think this stems from GM and Ford constantly innovating to better their lineup as far as  safety, efficiency, and style... and FCA is doing what they do- Hitting a home run from the start, and beating the golden goose to a pulp. "Why spend money innovating, if what we've got now is stupidly profitable"

In an Ironic twist, FCA's headquarters is located in a slightly more affluent area, meaning there are fewer DJ, or Chyslers, in general,per person- and more Buicks, Caddys, Lincolns, and Lux imports,... 

• 1 month later...

We bought our 2017 in March 2018.  Dealers had a ton of 2017s in stock.  The dealer we bought from had over 40 2017s in stock at the time.

Things are a lot different now.  Back in June (when we bought a 2019 Grand Caravan), dealers had between zero and 2 or 3 Journeys in stock.  While we got over $12k off on our Journey, dealers now aren't offering much off list.  Oh yeah, we got $17.5k off MSRP on our Grand Caravan.