60,000 mile maintenance

martyman.geo

Hi all, getting very close to having the 60k maintenance done.  I was quoted $600.00 for all the bells and whistles (fluids and filters, etc).  Has anyone have any recommendations to have them do beyond the listed items in the manual?  So far since having the dealer do all the maintenance complete the work, everything seems to be going well.  Well everything except for the front end shimmy the dealers says is normal at 65 mph.

first off which eng do you have, i did my trans servicea the dealership at around 70 k and it wasn't due till around 120 k if i remember right, also at 93 k i  just had the coolant service and plugs done at the dealership as well and will redo the trans at around 140 k ,,,,on the 3.6 i dont think there is any 60 k service requirements most doesn't start till 100 k for plugs............. a lot of dealership will push most unnecessary services to early so they can make $$$$$ just check yor manual or download one off the internet for free and it will show what is required and when it is do.

Edited by 2late4u

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, martyman.geo said:

Nice to have a second opinion.  Staying with the manual, there were very few other items not needed. Since I do not tow a trailer too often, the basic should be enough.

the book calls for the trans service at around 100-120 k i believe but i had mine done early at around 70 k it only makes sense that one you should do early

Edited by 2late4u
spelling

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, 12 PACK said:

I'm wondering if replacing the rear drive assembly fluid and the power transfer unit is worth doing if you're not towing or doing any hard use. 

of course it would be worth it ,you change your engine oil reg dont you same for transmission and awd transfer device, depends on miles of course but oil does wear out and gets burnt over time..