So what’s THIS gonna cost....

OhareFred

So, took my 09 V6 3.5 with 90,500 miles to the dealer with the following issues: 

ENGINE: 

1-vibration felt throughout car when warmed up in drive.  Goes away if you shift into N....

2-loosing antifreeze, no puddles or wet hoses

3-mpg dropped to 13 mpg. HVAC System off, not using remote start, not cold out, longer trips (20/30 mins at a time. Got 16-17 mpg same routes Plugs were changed at 80K

HVAC SYSTEM:

1- hissing noise in car when compressor cycles-low on Freon. AGAIN

2-  AC compressor turns on even when entire hvac system is off-why?

ELECTRICAL:

1- hands free system going nuts.  Ask it something it wants to change everything to French.  Constant shifts between connecting and disconnecting phones during calls

Dealer loaner car,2019 Jeep Cherokee with 500 miles on it.

So, if I fix EVERYTHING, it’s going to cost what??

OOOHHHH YEAAAA. I bought the Lifetime Warranty, it’s going to cost no more than $100, plus whatever gas I use in the loaner.

Gotta love that warranty!!!  ;)

They had better hope that the head gasket is not gone, or they are in for a big bill for that alone!

Let us know what it would have cost you without the warranty and what was required to fix it, if you don't mind.

Happy motoring.

mechanical-idiot

he might be singing a different tune when they figure up the bill, under the warranty they usually only cover the repair up to the value of the vehicle and i imagine a 2009 might be getting kind of low on the value range...hope he has good report from the dealership....

Bonjour!

Labour for those problems is going to add up in a hurry.  I hope that they can fix it for him without going over the vehicle value, as it is probably worth a lot more to him than the book value.

In the meantime Fred, you might want to start taking some French lessons in case they can't repair the hands free system!

Bonne journée et bonne chance avec il.

mechanical-idiot

There is nothing in my warranty paperwork about a certain value (just looked at it) It does limit the mileage to 999,999 and expires in October 2091, so I guess it’s not truly lifetime cause I plan to live forever.

Anything drivetrain related is a separate lifetime warranty and has no deductible as long as it’s inspected every 5 years (it has been)

if they want to give me a new Jeep ( like the 2019 Cherokee Latitude plus 4x4 loaner they gave me to use, just not white) I’d do it in a heartbeat, title for title, right now.  Not in love with this Dodge.

I’ll let you know what they say....

BTW I always wanted to learn French.....lmao

2 minutes ago, OhareFred said:

There is nothing in my warranty paperwork about a certain value (just looked at it) It does limit the mileage to 999,999 and expires in October 2091, so I guess it’s not truly lifetime cause I plan to live forever.

Anything drivetrain related is a separate lifetime warranty and has no deductible as long as it’s inspected every 5 years (it has been)

if they want to give me a new Jeep ( like the 2019 Cherokee Latitude plus 4x4 loaner they gave me to use, just not white) I’d do it in a heartbeat, title for title, right now.  Not in love with this Dodge.

I’ll let you know what they say....

BTW I always wanted to learn French.....lmao

just figured it was in your warranty, my 2014 has such a clause, hope you are right   take care

Bonjour encore!

Well Fred, I am really glad that your warranty will cover this shit storm for you.  It is not fun being stressed by surprise vehicle expenses, especially a shitload like you have.

Please keep us posted about it.

This might be your big opportunity to learn French.  Just be happy that it isn't displaying Swahili or Gaelic.  As bad as things seem to be sometimes, it could always be worse.

I know a guy that went to the junkyard to get some parts for his car.  He parked out beside the main garage.  The pay loader driver thought his old shitbox was a junkyard gem and he put the forks through the doors and planted it in the junkyard.  There are days that I feel like parking our Journey in the same spot.

mechanical-idiot

Edited by mechanical-idiot

• 3 weeks later...

SO, got the DJ back today (finally). 

Replaced 3 AC lines going to rear condenser, evac, leak die, refilled AC system, snowing in the car on the ride home.:)

Flashed HVAC control. Compressor stays off when display is off.

found loose connection at Hands Free Module-will use and see, speaking and understanding English :yup:

replaced 3 motor mounts

replaced oil dipstick

checked for stored codes, etc to explain low mpg.  Couldn’t find anything, but on the way home hit 24 mpg on the highway with the ac on, so we’ll watch that too.  If it stays crappy, bring it back for more involved diagnostics-no new deductible

topped off coolant-could not find leak.  If I lose any coolant bring it back, no new deductible 

TOTAL out the door cost for repairs: $146 dollars (dip stick wasn’t covered under either warranty, bummer)

I LOVE Fields CDJR in Glenview, IL.:love_shower:

Edited by OhareFred