Changed spark plugs , worse fuel economy

Fern

I recently changed my sparkplugs on the 3.5L 2009 Dodge Journey to get better fuel economy from 18.9l per 100 km but noticed a problem after changing the plugs. At idle the gauge shows I get up to 30l per 100 and keeps going up drastically, when cruising  between 1500 to 2000 rpm it says I get as low as 16 but as soon as I make a stop or idle or go past 2000rpm  it goes up to the 20’s , what did I F**k up now? 

depends on what you did? did you use the approved oem Plugs? and more important check your mpg the old fashioned way,gallons used divided into the miles driven over 2 tanks of gas.also recheck every thing you did make sure everything is plugged up correctly,problem  has to be something you did as you say it was running good before you worked on it.

Yea the plugs I used are fine, I rechecked the work I did multiple times I don’t see anything that could be wrong , there are only 4 connectors and they all are on properly , all lines are on properly, after all the work when I went to turn the car on, the gauge still read 18.9 as it did before I changed the plugs so then I tried pressing and holding the button to see if it would reset or re calibrate it , that’s when it started giving me all these whack numbers. 

??? What do you guys mean. I’m not that stupid to think it’s a 4 cylinder. I changed all six plugs 

Update: all I had to do was disconnect the battery, let it sit 10 min for all settings to reset, than put it back on, I know get 13L per 100 after changing all SIX sparkplugs on my 6 cylinder car.... 

Edited by Fern

3 hours ago, Fern said:

??? What do you guys mean. I’m not that stupid to think it’s a 4 cylinder. I changed all six plugs 

Update: all I had to do was disconnect the battery, let it sit 10 min for all settings to reset, than put it back on, I know get 13L per 100 after changing all SIX sparkplugs on my 6 cylinder car.... 

well you did say you connected all 4 connectors, but glad it all worked out great for you, take care 

• 3 weeks later...