REALLY?

Ok so just to be clear....using a bigger braking system will stop air from somehow getting into my line and I'll be able to stop using the brake pedal..... my brake pedal won't shake and I won't be able to just push it down to the floor only hearing air...? I've gotten a master cylinder and booster so that's not the case...but when I get my brakes bled I have great brakes...

LOL....What?

If you are getting air into the brake system, there is a leak somewhere. You need to fix that. Installing larger brakes (rotors/calipers/pads) won't fix a leak unless it is a caliper that is leaking. In that case, you can just fix the leaking caliper and not have to go to the expense of upgrading the brake size. 

Edited by jkeaton

Whoever is giving you mechanical advice is trying to screw you.  RUN to a new, competent mechanic. The person you are going to is either a lying thief, thinks you are gullible, or has absolutely no clue about repairing cars.  My feeling is all 3!

Edited by OhareFred

5 hours ago, pissedcustomer said:

Ok so just to be clear....using a bigger braking system will stop air from somehow getting into my line and I'll be able to stop using the brake pedal..... my brake pedal won't shake and I won't be able to just push it down to the floor only hearing air...? I've gotten a master cylinder and booster so that's not the case...but when I get my brakes bled I have great brakes...

No one on this forum has given you this advice. This is the 3rd thread that you have posted too on the same subject and the answers have always been the same. If you are losing pressure, you have a leak. If you can't find it, you need a mechanic. If you have one that can't find it or is steering you wrong, you need a better, and more trusted, mechanic. Personally, if something as important as the breaking system on my vehicle was causing an unsafe condition, it would already be with a competent mechanic. In fact, been there, done that.

Hi, my name is not Anthony and thank you all. And as far as me making comments I'm really trying to find out what is wrong with my car. They have not found a leak and I've been to two separate auto shops. And actually only one person has given me advice as far as brakes go and they actually did say that the problem would be solved by getting a bigger braking system  . My pads and rotors were new when I got the car and they didn't see anything wrong but my brakes continue to go to the floor with no stop! This is not a fucking joke. I came on here looking for real help! This is the answer I was given. . Also other post that I've read said something about something in the braking systen getting too hot and that's what's causing the air bubbles

Has anybody actually solved the issue of the brakes. I bought a 09 used Journey and have been having break problems every month. I CAN'T take this any more!

Yes, this problem was solved by putting the dual piston calipers on from a 2012 or newer model.  You can only do this if you're wheels are large enough to allow the larger rotor and caliper to fit.  My '09 Journey has 19" wheels, so it wasn't a problem.  I think you can get away with the larger hardware if you have 17' wheels, but you should double check, definitely won't work with 16" wheels.  I think there is a thread pinned to the top for this problem, it's kinda long, but in there you'll find everything you need to know.  With the original calipers and rotors I was replacing pads and turning rotors twice a year.  Since I swapped out for the larger size, it's been four years and I'm almost ready to replace the pads.  I got my caliper at a junkyard and bought new rotors, it's an easy do-it-yourself project and doesn't cost very much.  

@Summer Solstice I'm trying to figure out what in the hell you are talking about. I posted once before and got ONE answer. Evidence above. (Which is why I made this new post) So please do not get on my post assuming you know me or what you are talking about! 

As for leaks, none were found on two separate occasions and it is common knowledge to check the Master Cylinder and/booster for air problems in brake fluid! Where do you think the fluid goes dummy. Now if anyone has any other advice I will be happy to listen! GOOD DAY 

11 hours ago, Summer Solstice said:

This is the 3rd thread that you have posted too on the same subject and the answers have always been the same.

3 hours ago, pissedcustomer said:

@Summer Solstice I'm trying to figure out what in the hell you are talking about. I posted once before and got ONE answer. Evidence above. (Which is why I made this new post) So please do not get on my post assuming you know me or what you are talking about! 

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Just to clarify what I am talking about. However, I can not help you beyond what has been mentioned in this thread and the two previous threads in which you posted so I will not intrude any further. Moderators, please feel free to edit or remove this post as you feel necessary.

Good luck.

Edited by Summer Solstice

Maybe try an actual dealership if no one can figure out why your brake pedal goes to the floor and you can't stop the vehicle. It's not rocket science.  I question the competence of the shops you are using.

You have two choices: Install the bigger brakes as was suggested to you, (which probably won't fix the issue of the brake pedal going to the floor) or, sell it before you injure yourself or someone else by driving a vehicle with no brakes. 

You have a master cylinder or brake booster issue if there are no brake fluid leaks and the pedal still goes to the floor. 

Edit: There is absolutely no reason to resort to throwing insults at the people trying to help you. Familiarize yourself with the forum rules before you get yourself banned. 

Edited by jkeaton

It’s a CLOSED SYSTEM.  THE FLUID DOESNT GET USED UP. If your fluid disappears and you get air in the system, where did the fluid go?  How are bigger breaks going to fix this issue?  YOU HAVE A LEAK. Take it somewhere where they know what they are doing, like the dealer.

And for what it’s worth, @Summer Solstice Is not the dummy here. 

there can be a leak at where the clamp holds the rubber hose to the frame at the calipers rust has been known to collapse the hose and prevent the calipers from working so there might be a small hole in one of the four hoses you have there have a mech check them out and or replace that hose

Oh wow. I'm sorry. I didn't even know the first one posted. I just signed up that day of Feb. 4th! I didn't even know all those comments were on here and other ppl answered. All I seen was the one I copy and pasted....but I will not take the dummy back. You guys are laughing at my post when I don't know what the hell is going on and is trying to get real answers...as I said before I had no idea all those comments were there. I just saw the one. 

And everybody just can't up and buy a new car I need this one fixed. But thank you all for your help. I will read thru the comments!