2012 Journey Crew Electrical Disturbances

So, I was driving from Western-NY to Central-NJ last weekend and had the following occur:

1. Temps sync'd at 72, heat came out the driver side dashboard vent, cool out the passenger side

2. The phone stopped pairing with the radio and pressing the Phone button on the radio did nothing other than turn red

3. The cruise control stopped working half way through the ride

4. The headlights began dimming and brightening

5. For about an hour, the dashboard display would go dark and the speedometer and tach would sweep right to left to right again like it does on startup and 3 dings would be heard...the car did this about every minute or so and was really annoying...then it just stopped.

When I got home, I removed the negative battery cable and waited a half hour and everything cleared up but #4.

Any suggestions? I did start another thread on this and apologize for those who have seen it in both places. I don't want to replace the bulbs if that won't fix it.

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering if your bluetooth module is shot.  Ours died, also a 2012 Dodge Journey, and it led (I think) to other battery issues.  2 new batteries and an alternator later, we removed the bluetooth fuse and I haven't had a re-occurring dead battery since May 2018.  Although I did recently have the clock reset to 12:00 so may be something else going on...

Anyway, dealer quoted me at $650 this past summer to replace the bluetooth module.  I declined and just bought the module for $250 from a Mopar parts dealer.  I have yet to swap it out though.  I should probably do that soon...