U70 Emissions recall Catalytic converter efficiency

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

just a word of warning,IF your journey is running fine i wouldn't worry about getting it fixed as when they redo the software you may lose some mpg due to stricter limits on pollution controls and if you have been passing the test your state or country requires i wouldn't do it till i had problems or they made you do it..

• 2 months later...

I've had this recall and 2 others so far repaired on my 2012 journey. My car hasn't been the same since  all these recalls started getting "fixed". Mind you my vehicle ran pretty well before all this granted I've only had it a little over 1 year. Now I'm having hell trying to figure out what's wrong with it exactly. Beyond frustrated with dodge, my local dodge dealerships service dept, customer service, recalls, warranties, etc. Never again will I buy a dodge.  Word for thought, seriously think about taking your car in for recall repairs if it's running fine as is. I know that's not safe to do, however, I've done what was the "safe" / "right" thing to do and now my safety is compromised even more due to the problems I've had since work was done. 

you say ill never buy another dodge BUT I hate to tell ALL car manufactures will do the same thing if they have a recall on the software or other parts, just consider the VW diesel scandle if the owners take it in to be fixed the mpg goes down and maybe other things happen to it,of course i read some where you couldn't renew the tags on one if it hadent been serviced ,maybe that was just in states where the cars have to have a special tag for emissions.

1 hour ago, 2late4u said:

you say ill never buy another dodge BUT I hate to tell ALL car manufactures will do the same thing if they have a recall on the software or other parts, just consider the VW diesel scandle if the owners take it in to be fixed the mpg goes down and maybe other things happen to it,of course i read some where you couldn't renew the tags on one if it hadent been serviced ,maybe that was just in states where the cars have to have a special tag for emissions.

I said I'll never buy a dodge again because all of them I've ever owned seem to have electrical issues and I've had to replace the alternator on every single one I've owned.

8 hours ago, Mmpettit said:

I said I'll never buy a dodge again because all of them I've ever owned seem to have electrical issues and I've had to replace the alternator on every single one I've owned.

Good luck with your next vehicle. 

• 1 year later...