Pedal commander

Tex

• 1 month later...

these are actually available for a plethora of vehicles... vehicles that suffer from a terribly calibrated throttle curve will wake up with something like this.  I don't think the journey has terrible throttle lag like my dart does, so it might not be as advantageous for that, but they're certainly not snake oil.  Pedal Commanders, GoPedals, SprintBoosters etc all have different maps based on the settings.  It's not a simple straight line voltage increase across the board.  I use one in the Dart, it's fantastic.  Sorry for dead thread revival

• 1 year later...

Definitely worth buying but I agree the Dodge Journey pentastar doesn’t feel like it has throttle lag. I bought it for my Ram 1500 and now it feels very responsive and no more throttle lag plus you can adjust to accommodate your preference. Once the commander is installed it will always be on the last setting you left off even after the vehicle has been off. 

• 1 month later...

My stock throttle sometimes feels like I have to press with too much pressure. I added the Pedal Commander and it works as it's described. I have it on City +4 and am still experimenting with it. I wouldn't remove it now that I have it, much better pedal feel for me. The car feels lighter and more effortless in acceleration. I don't think it's for everyone but if you feel similar about the stock throttle response, it's worth a try. You can dial it way down as well as way up so there's a lot of fine tuning for your taste.

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, Journeyphenia said:

My stock throttle sometimes feels like I have to press with too much pressure. I added the Pedal Commander and it works as it's described. I have it on City +4 and am still experimenting with it. I wouldn't remove it now that I have it, much better pedal feel for me. The car feels lighter and more effortless in acceleration. I don't think it's for everyone but if you feel similar about the stock throttle response, it's worth a try. You can dial it way down as well as way up so there's a lot of fine tuning for your taste.

4 or 6 cyl?

• 1 month later...

i have the 6 cylinder. I experimented only in the City setting. I am currently at -1 for city stop and go. Sometimes at 0 or +1 when I want a little more response. Usually no higher than that. I think it has affected my mileage down a little but that may be partly due to my driving in that I tend to drive quicker these days. It didn't change the down shifting issue from 4th and 3rd much. Still hesitates to downshift somewhat. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree it’s not needed on a pentastar Dodge Journey v6 but I bought one for my Ram 1500 hemi. At first I purchased a pedal commander for $300 it stopped working after a month returned it. I bought an off brand eBay model which does the same thing minus the Bluetooth feature and it was $80 dollars!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Pedal Commander is not going to increase power so it's equally effective on either the V6 or 4 cyl.. Probably a good way to think of it is a spot mode throttle response. It's a quicker and more sensitive response to your foot pressure so it comes down to what feels right to you. I tried going back to stock after using it and can't. To me, the Journey has some detuning issues. The transmission shifting and the throttle response are tuned to save gas and they are to the point of being small flaws. There are things you can do to improve your acceleration, here are some.

1. Smooth out the air flow from before the mouth of the snorkel to beyond where it exits the air filter box. I used a combination of auto wrap, a razor, and very fine sandpaper to create as little resistance throughout the air flow. After that, rub all of the airflow surfaces with dry lube silicone to slicken the areas for less resistance

2 Replace the air filter when it's showing dirt, before it's too dirty

3. Use Synthetic oil

4. Use 89 - 91 octane gas unless you are at higher altitude

5 Add pedal commander