A GM guy calling it quits

camaronut

Finally had enough buying GM vehicles my whole life.  I figured why not something new???....so a 2017 Dodge Journey Crossroads was the ticket.

Man I love this thing...V6, sunroof...hopefully it'll last....:)

Why Camaronut????  I have a 69 Camaro SS..

Edited by camaronut

Welcome! Congrats on your new DJ... I bought a crossroad a year ago today and I'm still in love with it 25k miles later. What made you decide on the Journey? Strange enough when the new Chevy Traverse came out I couldn't help but thinking how great it looks, especially compared to the last model design. 

Edited by lmoore1436

We have always owned GM and Ford vehicles until now.  I have always wanted to own a Dodge after driving some of the newer Ram 1500 trucks.  Man, they are nice.  So, when our 2002 Ford Windstar died, we went looking for a Dodge Van, but ended up taking a Journey out for a test drive and we were instantly hooked.  We have had it for a couple of weeks now and we love it.  I hope the love affair lasts a long time.  We are making excuses to drive more, so that is a good sign.  We couldn't wait to get home when we were driving our Ford van.  We are looking forward to going on a long trip with it in the spring.

Glad to hear that you enjoy your Journey as well.  They are a great looking vehicle and we love the feel and ride.

mechanical-idiot

On 1/5/2018 at 3:53 PM, lmoore1436 said:

Welcome! Congrats on your new DJ... I bought a crossroad a year ago today and I'm still in love with it 25k miles later. What made you decide on the Journey? Strange enough when the new Chevy Traverse came out I couldn't help but thinking how great it looks, especially compared to the last model design. 

Drove the Journey and was immediately hooked.  This thing rides like its on rails. 

I've been a GM guy all my life, but I finally had enough when the Colorado I had needed a new timing chain.  I was ok with that until I found out there was another chain in the rear of the motor.  I just couldn't believe something like that could be designed.

I realized that every GM vehicle I got rid of was because of a mechanical malady due to poor design, so I figured why not a Dodge.

Hopefully it'll last.