post info

2late4u

we are getting so many post that are very hard to understand due to the posters wording and lack of info. i believe that when they start their membership it should be required to list the yr of their journey ( that way we would have some idea for their question) the region from where they live( so we would have an idea of what conditions they might be encountering on their journey) maybe even engine size (2.4 , 3.6, 3.5 ,or diesel from overseas)  What do you all think???????

While I agree that thoughtful informational posts are easier to understand and hence allow us to better help, folks have to be able to post what they want, when they want, and how they want.  Sadly, many people have poor grammar and writing skills.  Another issue is that English is many peoples' second or even third language.  I think that even when language and grammar are not an issue, many people don't know what is important or just forget to include important information.  I'm not sure how we could control input of info like year and engine size short of making those fields a required part of the post template.  I guess that could be done by the forum moderator.   

I think its good that people here want to help others.  Its a good thing that we get a little frustrated when information is omitted and we can't help. . .     Its hard to help one post wonders or complainers.  Those that really want help tend to return and clarify posts or add new info, I think.   

This forum has helped me over the years.  

Peace.

Let's be honest...no forum is ever going to be perfect. I've used this site for more than enough things that I've wanted help others in return. If the post makes no sense, or doesn't have enough information, well I have the option to just move on. I don't get upset or frustrated, or complain on top of it, I just move on. This is a very good site, with plenty of folks with great information. 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I also agree what is the point of asking something but no info on what your asking is like a car with no wheels it just won't roll 

Having said that can someone please tell me the BRAKES torque specs for a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT 3.5L

front and back on calipers and pad bracket thank you.

People do not want to look for the answer to their question anymore. They just want to ask directly and get the answer. I do believe that TORQUE SPECS have been posted before for most all things engine/trans. AND brakes. 

Nice thing about a Forum is that ALL posts are on record and don't "disappear" when the subject matter is done, and why there is a search function and topic headings to quicken things to finding what is needed.

Welcome to the forum. I’ve been trying to convince someone to spring for a six month Mitchel login, so this info would be easily available.  You can go first if you like.?

The 2009-10 models seem to have different specs because the under sized brakes were changed after that.

For wife’s 2014 RT  if IIRCC was 125 ft/pds bracket and 26 ft/pds  guide pins for front and 100 and 24 for rear.  Lug nuts 100 ft/pds is important, have had to retorque aluminum rims on this vehicle before.

If your torque wrench is Princess Auto or Harbour Freight and not recalibrated in 10 years, exact torque specs not that relevant.

But crazy over tightening caliper bolts/pins does matter, not hardened material and will stretch.