2013 Dodge Journey will not start

Karol

I have a 2013 Dodge Journey, left my key fob in the car overnight in10 degree weather and when I went to start it, it clicked, I was not able to press the brake pedal down far, cannot move the gear shift, lights, radio and everything else came on. I have waited for 30 minutes and still get the same things. It is not the battery. Not being able to press the brake pedal concerns me. Not being able to start the car concerns me. Any suggestions or helpful hints? Thank you all.

12 hours ago, Karol said:

I have a 2013 Dodge Journey, left my key fob in the car overnight in10 degree weather and when I went to start it, it clicked, I was not able to press the brake pedal down far, cannot move the gear shift, lights, radio and everything else came on. I have waited for 30 minutes and still get the same things. It is not the battery. Not being able to press the brake pedal concerns me. Not being able to start the car concerns me. Any suggestions or helpful hints? Thank you all.

How do you know it is not the battery? The symptoms you describe are typical of a dead battery. Brake pedal will be stiff with the engine off as there is no vacuum being applied to the brake booster.  

15 hours ago, jkeaton said:

How do you know it is not the battery? The symptoms you describe are typical of a dead battery. Brake pedal will be stiff with the engine off as there is no vacuum being applied to the brake booster 

Everything worked. The radio, lights, heat, Bluetooth phone call.

7 hours ago, jkeaton said:

The battery is capable of running those things but not have enough power to turn the car over. Get the battery checked.  

they ask for help then say nope not it.........P.S. make sure all battery connections are clean and tight

• 1 year later...

This exact thing is happening to my car right now. We got a big snow storm today and It's a holiday here so it was hard to get help. Finally I got mad and just decided to boost  it. Everyone said it wasn't the battery because lights,radio ... were all working. I disagreed as it was acting exactly like a drained battery. I boosted it and it started ,brake pedal was back to normal ... Soon as I turned it off and tied to turn it on the brake pedal was stiff again and it would not start . I have it on the trickle charger at the moment. Battery should not be dead as the car is not even a year old. But yep it is and if the charged can't make it hold the charge I am off to the dealership.

2late4u and Armado G  I'm not sure how to post a individual reply here but I wanted to thank you for your feed back. Dealership is sending out a tow in the morning. I don't want to mess around with this push the button 5 times ... That's what I got the warranty for . I will keep you informed. This problem seems to be a common problem and there are so many different reasons for it. Yep they can tow it 40 miles to the dealership and they can figure it out :)

• Official Dodge Support
16 hours ago, Prairie54 said:

2late4u and Armado G  I'm not sure how to post a individual reply here but I wanted to thank you for your feed back. Dealership is sending out a tow in the morning. I don't want to mess around with this push the button 5 times ... That's what I got the warranty for . I will keep you informed. This problem seems to be a common problem and there are so many different reasons for it. Yep they can tow it 40 miles to the dealership and they can figure it out :)

Hi Prairie54,

Glad to hear you are working with your dealer for this concern. If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.
Rob
DodgeCares

So thank goodness for warranties and this forum :) My 2018 Journey went into the dealer this morning. It started with a boost so I just drove it to a closer dealer. I did not realize I could take it to any Chrysler ,Dodge ... Dealer under warranty. I thought I had to go to where I bought it. Anyway long story short > They took me in right away ,scanned it ,put a new battery in it and BINGO that's all she wrote . One cell was dead in the battery ,just as a couple of people on the forum mentioned . They also programmed another key fob for me,took the time to show me lots of other things on the car or tricks. I can now go to this dealer instead of the other one that just kind of forgets you once you buy the car ... My experience anyway. They told me to come back anytime for any reason . Just because the car lights,radio ... go on does not mean the battery is good. Mine was dead as a door nail at zero . It makes it really easy when you live in the country and have people and dealerships this close that you can trust. Total coast to me  $0.00 . :) Thank you for the help and giving me the confidence  to go to the dealer .

2 hours ago, Armando G said:

@Prairie54... that's great news. I just got mine out of the dealership (transmission) and made sure I mentioned which dealer it was, just in case someone else nearby ever needs help. I'd suggest adding which dealer helped you to at least recognize them here. 

Yes Thank you Armando . Being new here I just wasn't sure if I could or not. It is FIELDHOUSE Chrysler,Dodge.Jeep ,Ram @  

1420 S Halleck St
Demotte, INDIANA 46310-9735
219-987-2400

9 hours ago, Prairie54 said:

Yes Thank you Armando . Being new here I just wasn't sure if I could or not. It is FIELDHOUSE Chrysler,Dodge.Jeep ,Ram @  

1420 S Halleck St
Demotte, INDIANA 46310-9735
219-987-2400

go on FB and type there name in and leave a good review also on your home page as well. also you can leave a review on yelp in the yellow pages for others to see   everyone takes the time to leave a bad review or complaint but not many take the time to brag on good service on their vehicles for others to see.

Edited by 2late4u
spelling

11 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

go on FB and type there name in and leave a good review also on your home page as well. also you can leave a review on yelp in the yellow pages for others to see   everyone takes the time to leave a bad review or complaint but not many take the time to brag on good service on their vehicles for others to see.

Thank you 2late4u for this info . I will do this today :)