Dodge journey wont start cant press petal down head lights and dome but no dash lights cant check computer either wont register.

Pulled in to gas station, got out went in came out and wont start. No dash lights. Headlighta and dome light works. Key wont register cant press down break petal. Had diagnostics test wont read my computer.  Battery test, battery is good. Check fuses. What is the deal please. Been sitting in my drive way for a month. I owe 10000 help please.

Does the radio work?  If it does then you at least can get it into accessory mode.  Could this be as simple as a bad park position sensor?

Have you tried the emergency backup procedure for the FOB (which is to press the plastic end of the FOB against the starter button instead of your finger)?  It uses a secondary proximity tag and reader.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a half hour to see if resetting the computers will bring it back to life?

If you're out of ideas it is time to let the dealer have a go at it.

• 2 years later...

I'm not sure how confident I would be in their on-site diagnosis. They should know what they are doing.

IF they are correct, that should rule out the battery, alternator, and even the battery connections.

When my battery was bad i could still move the shift lever.

It is a common problem on modern vehicles for the steering lock to get stuck preventing it from starting or moving the shift lever. I have not had that on the Journey but on most other cars it may happen once or twice in a year. Try rocking the steering wheel back and forth and then attempting to start it again. Firmly but not hard just 2 or 3 times.

Beyond that, you probably should have it towed. A mechanic can probably find the problem in a very short time.

Try wiggling the gear shifter as well.  The steering wheel trick is mostly for cars with the key on the column, but it won’t hurt.  Wiggle the shifter as you are pushing the start button with the fob (use the fob, not your finger, to push and hold the button in). If you still get nothing, I agree, get a tow to a mechanic or dealer that deals with electrical issues/. Could be any number of things.  Good luck....

could be the lock on the park lever, isn't there a override inside the center console to put the car into neutral,(it should show this trick in your car manual and if you dont have one it can be downloaded of the internet for free)and also could be the battery temperature sensor has gone bad that is on the end of the battery cable that connects to the battery, so many things it could be,throwing parts at it could cost you more than having it towed in toa qualified garage or dealership to find out what is wrong...good luck