New larger tires - and they just fit

bluejeep

2016 R/T AWD

Installed cooper discoverer SRX in size 245 x 55 x 19.

They justttttttt  fit.  Closest fit is on top of the front tire, where the tread is 3/16" below the spring support on the strut. See pic

About .9" wider and 1.1" taller than stock 225 x 55 x 19 Kumho (which are dead after only 36k miles!)

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide1.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Yeah, I'll second that 40,000 mile OEM tire tread life.  Every vehicle I've ever owned around that 40,000 mile mark needed new tires.  It's just how it is.

Also, we really don't have a whole lot of choices for the standard 225-55R19 tires.  And none of them can be had for anything less than a limb and a first born.

try a little different size and buy off discount tire online during a holiday for the best discounts plus use their credit card takes just a few minutes and save even more free shipping with them, instead of tire rack that charges for shipping, i saved about $ 250-300 for a set for my 2014 19 inch  crossroad.  i went with 235 55 19 almost same size 1 mph faster then speedo says so easy to keep up with. they were the best price for the different size's i checked for the same tires....

Edited by 2late4u

• 7 months later...

I'm a big fan of cooper tires.  I'm sure they'll serve you well.  The def. fill up the tire well better than the stockers.  I may have to look into them when I need my OE tires replaced.  Have you noticed any ride difference or noise level while driving?

Edited by Steven Harshbarger

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2017 at 1:36 PM, bluejeep said:

2016 R/T AWD

Installed cooper discoverer SRX in size 245 x 55 x 19.

They justttttttt  fit. 

12 hours ago, Samir Al-Qatarani said:

Can I use 245 55 R19 for my Dodge Journey 2017 Crossroad AWD. Any suggestion will be very appreciated

• 6 years later...