Front end squeak!

My 2012 fwd has what seems to be well......common! When going over any sort of undulations in the road at low speed there is a pronounced "rubbery" sounding squeak in the front end. So far I have been able to rule out things like outer tie rod ends, sway bar links,ball joints. 

With the help of a buddy bouncing it I have been trying to "feel" for the noise by putting my hands on the various parts. It's seems to be coming from the passengers side and sounds like dry sway bar bushings. Though it don't sound like the noise is coming from there. More annoying than worrysome just worrysome enough to post here. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

I had what I called a creaking sound on my 2015, over speed bumps and up driveways/sidewalks. The next time I had a  tire rotation I sprayed silicone dry lube on all the moving parts of the passenger front wheel. It reduced it to almost 0 so whatever it is seems to be in one of the connecting components or bushings. My advice would be to give that a shot and see if it helps. 

Thanks for your reply I'll try your recommendation and post the results on here. By the way what product did you use and what parts did you spray precisely? Is this safe for such things as ABS sensors traction control hardware etc. Thanks again! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

My 2013 had the same problem, front end noise going over bumps and thru dips for years. Brought it to my brother’s shop multiple times, and he changed bushings, control arm and  sway bar.  Problem still there. Last year when it was in his shop again he had the car in the air and happened to push up on the front end of the car. The whole thing was loose. He put some bolts in tightened it up and the noise is completely gone. Do yourself a favor and lift up up on the front end of your Journey, the would be bumper area, I bet it’s loose too. I told another Journey owner this and he thought I was crazy and didn’t want to believe it until he lifted up on his front end. You won’t see it by just looking. Check it out!!

My brother owns an automotive business and put it up in the air. I don’t know for sure because I didn’t see him fix it. May need someone to do that for you. I would guess it’s bolted to the frame. Worked like a charm. No more noises. 

• 7 months later...