Fog Lights

Boys,

Im starting to see more people with LED lowbeam & highbeams and I want something brighter then the silverstar ultras

Everyone says you need canbus compatible bla bla bla

I dont know much about any of this

Can someone guide me the right parts lowbeam highbeam and fog lights LEDS and what brand to get and from there & ill definently buy them

My only concern is the lighting house for the lowbeam putting LEDS will it melt anything?

People say HIDS you have to be careful because it will melt the housing

Hope they work out better for you than LEDs have for me. I find the beam control makes a high and low hotspot rather than a focused centre hot spot that will give you distance. So in another words a lot of light on the ground but none where it counts.

If they turn out well for you then maybe I'll consider it.

Fog lights need modification. I know it's been said that tabs need to be trimmed so I thought I'd put some pics up. All the aftermarket bulbs I have bought for the fogs have needed to have the tabs completely removed. There are three. Two on one side and one on the other. On the aftermarket bulbs I have purchased, the two tabs on one side are set farther apart than the stock bulbs and the one on the other side is in the wrong position. So I shaved all the tabs off. Even then, it takes some wiggling and force to get them in. Here's some pice showing the stock bulb and the aftermarket after I shaved off the tabs.

EBB761CE-665E-4AA7-BB7F-0C2A0D50FDE4_zps

049D2DF0-7D19-4962-89BA-CEDA977AE127_zps

Edited by jkeaton

Interesting. I've had 3 sets now that the tabs are incorrect even though the bulb number is the same.

Pretty sure they manufactured the mold wrong

they didn't remold it after they fitted it to the 1st mold of the oem base, giving us a "mirror" opposite

I ditched these bulbs and fogs, just installed my mini h1/6.0 projectors. They are amazing!!!

Haha I could imagine, did you end up wiring the solenoid?

It would be awesome having a quad retro and projected fogs like that.