Fog Lights

Just installed my led fogs and they were correct part # and looked just like the correct pics above with tabs in the right places. Tabs were too far left my 2 mm and had to cut them all off. Also LED's wouldn't go in unless I took the rubber seal off. It was way too thick. I'm not too worried as that are is super well protected from water unless I go driving through a river or small lake! Lol those are the worst lights ever to install just because of where they are located. I highly recommend LED's as they last 30,000-50,000 hours as opposed to 900 hours. If I had to change those every year or so I would kill myself! Lol

Just installed my led fogs and they were correct part # and looked just like the correct pics above with tabs in the right places. Tabs were too far left my 2 mm and had to cut them all off. Also LED's wouldn't go in unless I took the rubber seal off. It was way too thick. I'm not too worried as that are is super well protected from water unless I go driving through a river or small lake! Lol those are the worst lights ever to install just because of where they are located. I highly recommend LED's as they last 30,000-50,000 hours as opposed to 900 hours. If I had to change those every year or so I would kill myself! Lol

Yeah. I took the o-rings off the OEM bulbs and used those. Without o-rings, you will run the risk of moisture inside. It's not running through water that causes it, it's the temperature difference when the housing heats up and cools down. Hopefully LED's don't get hot enough to cause that problem.

Edited by jkeaton

Damn you! My journeys 2 months old and most of the stupid pop rivets were hard as hell to get out. I literally had to shoot them with wd40 lol

LED fog light bulb on right

OEM fog light bulb on left

30 watt led bulbspost-12497-0-24377700-1452310688_thumb.j

Edited by SeanTacular

Minedidnt have many problems with the o rings. They did fit super tight though and the local mechanic ended up installing them for free. They used a lift and installed the lights from the bottom instead of the fender.

It doesn't reach too much further down the road but it gives me a wider beam than just using low beams. Plus it mixes in a small amount of white/light blue to the yellowish beam pattern of the low beams. I have 60e bulbs where JK said he has 30-35 watt bulbs. So far no one has flashed me because of glare.

• 2 months later...