Noise when starting cold

Johnnyh

I have a whine when I start my DJ when engine is cold. It's a 16 DJ Crossroads with the six cylinder engine. The noise fades away after it gets warm. Seems like its a bearing on one of the pulley's driven by the belt. Anyone else have the same problem. Thanks, John

Power steering pump whine is normal as well, for the first couple of seconds after starting. Mine never does it when parked in the garage. But the power steering pump will whine for 1-2 seconds if I leave it outside overnight in the 10-20deg F range. Common issue you can see by searching on here.

I brought mine in to the Dealer last summer. Unfortunately, by the time I drive to the Dealer, it was warm! Duh........They were aware of the TSB, and 2014 was not included. It is noted in my file, so I am covered.

As for the leather, if you mean lines, and not cracked all the way through to the foam, this is common with every Mopar vehicle I have ever owned with leather seats.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the same issue (pulley) or not, but on cold starts (-1C or colder) there is what sounds like a flute noise that lasts for

2-3 minutes then disappears. It's not a high pitched noise so am not sure what it is. It's a 2013 Crew. Any ideas folks?

Update: my original post was from yesterday, the low flute noise still goes away after 2-3 minutes but now the noise appears

briefly (3 seconds) after I touch the brakes, every time!. Have an appointment for late next week at the dealership, will let you know

what they say...

Edited by Easy Rider