brake dust

2late4u

well i had a 2011 with the 17 inch rims and was always having to clean brake dust off them all the time but with my 2014 crossroad with the 19 inch rims i hardly see any of the dust .sure do love that about them. i have about 31 k on these tires and they look like they are about 1/2 to 3/4 used up,so will be able to get thur the winter here in al but will be needing them come spring time. glad i also bought the maximum lifetime warranty on this journey even thou i haven't had no problems with it. went about 75k on my 2011 and had only one small hiccup with it. Forbes mag. rated the journey as a bad car to buy but i think they really didnt know what they were talking about a big vehicle that gets 25-30 on the road ill take that every time....

well i had a 2011 with the 17 inch rims and was always having to clean brake dust off them all the time but with my 2014 crossroad with the 19 inch rims i hardly see any of the dust .sure do love that about them. i have about 31 k on these tires and they look like they are about 1/2 to 3/4 used up,so will be able to get thur the winter here in al but will be needing them come spring time. glad i also bought the maximum lifetime warranty on this journey even thou i haven't had no problems with it. went about 75k on my 2011 and had only one small hiccup with it. Forbes mag. rated the journey as a bad car to buy but i think they really didnt know what they were talking about a big vehicle that gets 25-30 on the road ill take that every time....

The reason for no dust is. Your 14 has Ceramic pads. Any dust that is given off is white. You can't see it easily.

I recently upgraded my brakes to EBC with Greenstuff pads and I have brake dust. I'm trying Armour All Wheel Protectant. Don't know how if will work, but after searching the interwebs looking for something to mitigate the dust, Armour All Wheel Protectant seemed to be worth a try. . .

Here's a few links to some "independent tests" I found on YouTube.

Peace.

• 3 months later...