2014 limited 19" mags to 17"steelies?

chong

Looking for some steelies for winter, will all 17" steelies from 2009 to now fit on the 2014 because of the bigger front caliper ?

What about other wheels from jeep or Chrysler?

All the 17 inch wheels from Journeys are ok. None of the 16 inch wheels will fit. Journey shares the same bolt pattern with Caravans/Town & Country built since 2008. Not aware of any Jeep wheels that will fit.

H.P.

In the absence of TMPS sensors installed in the winter set, the TMPS chime will sound each time the car is started and the EVIC will flash a warning message. Other than that, there should be no issues. You can use alloy wheels from Journey, Grand Cherokee, Durango, and I believe cars riding on the RT and JS platforms (minivans, Avenger/200), though I would double check that on the JS (JC is a stretched version of JS, but I'm not sure if wheel hubs carried over as well). Same rules apply on brand/model/size of tire and rotations if you have AWD (100% matching, and rotate every oil change).

FYI, automakers don't use "mag" wheels anymore (other than for race and sports cars, Porsche uses magnesium alloys for the Carrera GT). You have aluminum alloy wheels.

In the absence of TMPS sensors installed in the winter set, the TMPS chime will sound each time the car is started and the EVIC will flash a warning message. Other than that, there should be no issues.

That certainly isn't the way EITHER of my two 2nd generation Journeys work.

The chime sounds once, and once only during the first drive after installing sensor-less wheels. The EVIC shows the warning message once, and once only and from then on the only indication that there are no sensors is that if I select the TPS display it shows dashes instead of pressure until springtime. There are no daily warnings; no recurring messages; just straightforward driving.

When I put my summer wheels back on - it will chime once again the first time I am out driving and they 'reappear'. And then it works as usual.

That certainly isn't the way EITHER of my two 2nd generation Journeys work.

The chime sounds once, and once only during the first drive after installing sensor-less wheels. The EVIC shows the warning message once, and once only and from then on the only indication that there are no sensors is that if I select the TPS display it shows dashes instead of pressure until springtime. There are no daily warnings; no recurring messages; just straightforward driving.

When I put my summer wheels back on - it will chime once again the first time I am out driving and they 'reappear'. And then it works as usual.

Either that's a Canadian-spec thing or a winter-wheel-thing. When my TPMS detects low inflation pressure, it chimes EVERY time until I pacify it. Then again, I do winter just fine on all-season tires and don't change them for winter tires annually, so I don't ever not have TMPS sensors.

Either that's a Canadian-spec thing or a winter-wheel-thing. When my TPMS detects low inflation pressure, it chimes EVERY time until I pacify it. Then again, I do winter just fine on all-season tires and don't change them for winter tires annually, so I don't ever not have TMPS sensors.

If you have even just 1 sensor in any rim it will still ping , you have to remove all 4

at the same time to get the action bramfrank describes.

• 8 years later...