Weathertech Floor Liners vs Dodge Journey Slush Mats!

Kech

Hey all, I just received my Weathertech 1st row and 2nd row floor liners and after installing them you would think they were part of the vehicle. I couldn't be happier and I 100% recommend everyone who lives where winters are rough to purchase them. They're a bit pricy, but well worth the investment.

I have Husky liners for the front seats, and cheap parts store rubber mats in the rear seats, both work well. I have rear passengers maybe 2-3x a year, so that isn't a concern. The front seat mats are molded to the car with a rollover section near the carpet retainer, and covers the dead pedal. I always have my foot on the dead pedal, which the OEM mats don't cover, and the one in my old Charger got ruined after one nasty winter. Not taking that chance on this car.

The driver's molded mat does seem to be wearing where my heels go, but it hasn't been a problem. I've had them for almost a year.

The first thing I bought for my DJ was 1st and 2nd row Weathertech mats. I've never actually set foot on the carpet. I got the 3rd row after my 3rd child was born in late spring. I use a tarp for the cargo area when I have something other than a backpack in it and it works well enough.

The only thing I don't like about the Weathertech 2nd row mat is that it is difficult to get to the storage bins/coolers. Considering I haven't used them much, it's not a big deal. If I wanted to use them frequently, it would be a hassle and I would have to work something else out. I'd give them a 4.5/5. Almost a perfect product.

All I know is that my carpets will be protected from the dreaded calcium build up during the winter months. I used the crappie oem slush mats from mopar in my previous 2010 Journey which turned out to be the biggest mistake ever. I won't be making that same mistake with my 2015 DJ.

• 2 months later...

I know it's a matter of budget and how much you need protecting your cargo area and carpet but I just received Fedex a Weathertech cargo mat for my 2016 Journey. It was delivered for $127 including shipping. Yes it was more than the Dodge liner but the quality and fit support my decision to purchase. I am happy I made the choice.