2014 journey blown transmission

Byron Devine

Towed 1500lb trailer 30 miles round trip. Had no issues with loss of power shiftedown fine. Park car for a week went to start it and back out of driveway and no pulling power. Journey as it dealership they are saying it was total faliure. Funny thing is I have towed this same TraI let with a ram cc with no issues for 6000 miles.

Guess we will see if it is covered under warranty. Buy the way car had 12000 miles on was v6 with tow package.

Big difference between a Ram and a Journey.

True, but a 1500lb trailer should be a cake walk...

OP, is it an enclosed trailer? If so, the resistance created plays a role...your owners manual should have the info, but there is a max size that is "allowed". Either way, can't see why it wouldn't be covered...

Is the 1,500 pounds the weight of the trailer alone, or with cargo? If not, what were you carrying? 1,500 is within the limits, but the frontal area is important. It can be no larger than 32 sq. ft, no matter what is in it. Then, the max weight of the trailer and contents goes down if the number of people and the cargo up. 2 people + luggage = 2,500 pounds; 3-4 people + luggage = 2,000 pounds; 5-7 people + luggage (where would you put it?) = !,500 pounds.

Edited by dhh3

my 2011 came up with a code with something about the transmission after i was backing out of my daughters long straight driveway as i was hot rodding it backward, took it to the dealership and they said the transmissions do this sometimes kind of like computer error as they said there was no problem with the trans. oh well thats when i saw my future 2014 crossroad and bought it that day...what a sales ploy LOL

Good to see it was just a computer barf. 16,800 trouble-free (and tow-free) miles on mine so far. The transaxle is controlled entirely by computer in these cars. I can tell the difference when I get into my older 300M that has cable-op throttle and gear input, with snappier response and better "feel" (resistance). Sometimes I wonder what I'll do when the best replacement for my car ends up being entirely electronically controlled... doesn't sit well with me at all.