New license plate to compliment my Prius plate :)

HawtDogFlvrWtr

Ha-ha. I drive nearly 2 hours one way from work every weekday. Need that Prius as my daily driver so I don't put those miles on the journey. Sadly, it has a right rear frame issue that eats wheel bearings... Replaced it 3 times now.. May need to replace the rear axle so I'm driving the journey to work for now. Had it less than 4 months and has 11k miles on it

You can easily chirp from a stop, but there is no tire burning as it's FWD. I will say though, in sport with the electric motor assist, it's pretty quick to about 40mph. Then it hits optimal gearing and a herd of cattle could outpace it. i average 53+mpg on it, and generally have to fill it up every week for about $20. saves me $20 a week over the journey, and also since it's already got 120k miles on it, it saves me mileage on the journey. Truth is though, I tried to trade it in for the journey, but my estrainged wife refused to sign the title over to dodge.. she wanted to get every penny from it that she could in the divorce, even though i tried to explain to her that we owe 18k on it, and it's worth maybe 10... i managed to get the dealership to give me 12k in trade in and roll the rest into the journey.. but she's an idiot without basic math skills.... so there we are.

Awesome plates! Actually, I hate the Prius, and would never own one. The only one that I would consider would be the Volt, because I would never have to put gas in it. 40 mile range suits my driving habits. But, in all reality, I do not need 2 vehicles.

I'm actually on a work trip now and got a prius. I am surprised by the amount of pep this thing has off the line (when you enable power mode or whatever it's called). That instant full battery torque is awesome. You can gun it from every light, then brake to recharge the battery all day long and still get almost 50mpg! Too bad the prius looks like dog doodoo though...

If I wanted (and could afford) a car with a battery, I'd buy a Tesla S. That method of vehicle propulsion (fully electrical) will eventually take over - the cost to operate is lower, by a significant margin. There are some drawbacks which still need to be addressed, but if they can get their $35k car to market, it might be the car that changes consumer behavior. The annual maintenance on a Tesla is a tire rotation and a service center check of the coolant level for the battery. That's it. There is nothing else to do. Lower operating cost per mile than any car on the market today, combined with zero real maintenance work, and a 200+ mile range (and free charging at any Tesla super charging station, which are popping up all over the country)? The internal combustion engine will die some day, it's just a matter of time.

If I wanted (and could afford) a car with a battery, I'd buy a Tesla S. That method of vehicle propulsion (fully electrical) will eventually take over - the cost to operate is lower, by a significant margin. There are some drawbacks which still need to be addressed, but if they can get their $35k car to market, it might be the car that changes consumer behavior. The annual maintenance on a Tesla is a tire rotation and a service center check of the coolant level for the battery. That's it. There is nothing else to do. Lower operating cost per mile than any car on the market today, combined with zero real maintenance work, and a 200+ mile range (and free charging at any Tesla super charging station, which are popping up all over the country)? The internal combustion engine will die some day, it's just a matter of time.

My wife was in Europe for work a couple weeks ago and a couple of her taxis were Teslas. Said it was a gorgeous car with ample power...little strange for a taxi though!

FYI, the Journey is definitely not a gas guzzler. Not when the V6 can easily achieve over 30 mpg.

I don't understand the point of the Prius. It's expensive to buy, ugly as mortal sin (all generations), has no get-up'n'go to speak of, is damaging to the environment (how do you think that battery came into existance?), and the fuel economy figures are not very impressive compared to diesel VW Group vehicles and small-displacement Hondas. A hybrid does not yet exist that is worth buying. If you want good fuel economy and want to have a lower environmental impact, buy a modern diesel or a Tesla.

FYI, the Journey is definitely not a gas guzzler. Not when the V6 can easily achieve over 30 mpg.

I don't understand the point of the Prius. It's expensive to buy, ugly as mortal sin (all generations), has no get-up'n'go to speak of, is damaging to the environment (how do you think that battery came into existance?), and the fuel economy figures are not very impressive compared to diesel VW Group vehicles and small-displacement Hondas. A hybrid does not yet exist that is worth buying. If you want good fuel economy and want to have a lower environmental impact, buy a modern diesel or a Tesla.

Agree... All of those batteries end up in the dump and they are not recyclable nor do they biodegrade over time.

My wife was in Europe for work a couple weeks ago and a couple of her taxis were Teslas. Said it was a gorgeous car with ample power...little strange for a taxi though!

The motor only drains battery charge when the vehicle is moving (hence the advantage of an all-electric drive train). The only power draw would be air conditioning, radio, and taxi specific equipment (not sure what they need for that). AC can be handled by opening the windows or getting out. Radio would draw very little power. Fare calculation equipment only needs to be on when the vehicle is carrying a passenger (and most likely moving), so that's not really an issue. It's an expensive taxi, for sure. But you can charge a higher fare for it (hey, you're riding in a Tesla!), and the operating costs of the vehicle are negligible (and if you're charging off of a solar panel that happens to be powering other items you have access to, it's free!)

The reason they built the Prius is so the Hollywood elite can show the world they were green. The same drive train was/is available in a Camry but it doesn't stand out. Green people want you to know they are green.

The reason they built the Prius is so the Hollywood elite can show the world they were green. The same drive train was/is available in a Camry but it doesn't stand out. Green people want you to know they are green.

Just so you (and everyone else) know, I am super green.

• 3 months later...

I got the prius from a dentist who put 45k miles on it and wanted to get rid of it for 10k. it's fully loaded and I had the previous generation for my long commutes to work (1.5 hours one way) and couldn't beat the price. I won't buy one new as they're too expensive.... If i find an unbeatable deal though, i'll take it. The prius saves me nearly $80 in gas each month over the journey, and also allows me to save 800 miles a week on the journey by not driving it to and from work. The journey is a travel/around town vehicle when i want comfort. The prius is meant to get me 54mpg and cost me less than $20 a week in gas driving to and from work.

For awhile, the prius had a bad read wheel bearing that ultimately was the reason for getting the journey. I traded the prius in for the journey but my soon to be ex wife refused to sign the trade in paperwork even though the prius was undrivable and even though the dealer was going to give me 10k for it.. she refused to sign the papers, so now i have two vehicles until the divorce is final. (the judge was pissed at her for refusing the sign the paperwork to get rid of it btw).. in either case, while the prius was out of commission, i managed to put 20k miles on the journey in 6 months... that's why I like driving the prius

Edited by HawtDogFlvrWtr