I like my dealer, BUT..........

RetiredChief

Not enough to pay $63.00 for the rear cargo net!

My Journey did not come with the nifty net for the rear cargo compartment. Ok, not a problem. Stopped by my dealer

this afternoon while out running some errands.

Part # 05023972AB

No discount offered, nada. I told the parts guy, " I like you guys, but not that much."

Ebay to the rescue! New in the original package for $18 including shipping.

:yahoo:

I'll give it a try. At least it would keep 2L soda bottles from rolling around the back when grocery shopping.

Years ago I bought a bunch of 2L bottles on sale, and kept them in the plastic tray they are transported to the store in, into the shopping cart. Cashier didn't notice and got out of the store with that tray. Very handy when I go to get soda as I take it with me and keep in the back of the car. Bring the bottles out loose in the cart and put them in the (stolen) tray. Me bad.

Not enough to pay $63.00 for the rear cargo net!

My Journey did not come with the nifty net for the rear cargo compartment. Ok, not a problem. Stopped by my dealer

this afternoon while out running some errands.

Part # 05023972AB

No discount offered, nada. I told the parts guy, " I like you guys, but not that much."

Ebay to the rescue! New in the original package for $18 including shipping.

:yahoo:

You can generally talk them down on prices... There is no rhyme or reason behind their markups and the same part can be had for a myriad of different prices from dealer to dealer. I got a tool that I needed for a brake job once from a dealer (only place to get it). They wanted $150 for it (basically a socket). By the time I left it cost me $25.

You can generally talk them down on prices... There is no rhyme or reason behind their markups and the same part can be had for a myriad of different prices from dealer to dealer. I got a tool that I needed for a brake job once from a dealer (only place to get it). They wanted $150 for it (basically a socket). By the time I left it cost me $25.

Oh great one, please explain to Grasshopper how you did this!

You are truly becoming a burden on society. Are you ready to hang your mission accomplished banner up? Lol

Almost there! Next March I'll get my very first government issued pension cheque. (spelled correctly for you southern types) In The Great White North, we can get our first of two pensions at age 60. Then I'll have attained my goal.

Valve stem caps are MASSIVELY overpriced. I needed to replace mine (someone stole them back in April - really, who steals valve stem caps?) The closest dealerships to me didn't even have them in stock (and how that happens is beyond me - you'd think they would just replace them on a vehicle that didn't have them when it was brought in for an oil change, then charge them 10% in shop fees and use that to cover the cost, it's just a piece of molded plastic!) Chrysler wants $22 for a pack of 5. Yes, you read that correctly.

I found Dorman part 609-154 on Amazon. I got 50 of them for $12. It's not a "perfect" fit - there is a gap less than 1/8" between the bottom of the cap and the top of the rubber coating on the valve stem. For that price, I don't care (you can really only see it if you are specifically looking for it).

Lol, what are you going to do with 50 valve stem caps? Usually tire shops put them on for free when you get your tires mounted/balanced...

4 of them are on my Journey. 46 of them are sitting in my tool chest. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. But there's now two of these vehicles in my family (mine and my mother's), and my sister just bought a new vehicle as well (valve stem cap might be the same). If they need them, I have them. And they can pay me what I paid for them (so, about a quarter per cap), or they can watch my kids while I take the Mrs. out. I'm perfectly happy to trade auto work/parts on hand for free babysitting!

If you get tires mounted, they should replace the valve stem, or at the very least rebuild the core. Fortunately, this TPMS model seems to have a replaceable stem, unlike the 2008-2010 models of Chrysler TPMS for vehicles of this size). Dorman makes a valve stem for the '11 and up - part 609-155, which matches the valve stem on 56029398AB (the TPMS for at least 850 Chrysler vehicle variations).

I still don't understand why Chrysler went with the most expensive method possible of building a pressure sensor.all it does is cost unnecessary amounts of money! At least they made a better model of it starting in 2011 - my '10 T&C has an aluminum stem that is not replaceable without changing out the entire sensor.