R.I.P. My Journey :(

Emperor5353

I have never expected the air bags to work like they do. They were on fire/smoldering after deploying. And there were air bags down by my feet that went off. The impact was insane. Knocked the Lifeproof case right off my cell phone. Just amazed at how well the safety features worked. Thankfully I was alone

I have never expected the air bags to work like they do. They were on fire/smoldering after deploying. And there were air bags down by my feet that went off. The impact was insane. Knocked the Lifeproof case right off my cell phone. Just amazed at how well the safety features worked. Thankfully I was alone

Glad to hear you are ok. The smoke/smoldering you saw was the fine powder they use when packing the air bag. You smelled the activator, which uses,basically, a small explosion to inflate the bags. It all happens so fast, and between the smell and dust many people think the air bags was on fire. It sounds like they worked like they are supposed to.

Again, glad to hear everyone was ok!

You can sue her personally - though it may take a few years to get paid.

And your car ought to be covered in full for the first 90 days - but a valuable lesson learned - replacement cost insurance will provide more than just a new vehicle for however much it will cost to replace - it also provides for ONLY new OEM repair parts when you have an accident for the duration of the coverage and usually a rental car and other benefits.

in al. if they are uninsured and at fault in the acc. when its time for them to get a new drivers lic. they have to make good on what they owe before they can renew it. i got hit by one and my insurance fixed my car and a couple of yrs later allstate sent sent a check for my $500, deductible that she had to pay. of course i don't know if she made a full repayment to allstate for the whole cost that they paid to fix my van... also my insurance rate did go up because they paid out on my claim for my car and i dint get that back guess allstate left me in their good hands for that ....