Sirius Radio Subscription

Just curious who on the forum has kept or plans to keep their Sirius Radio subscription active after the 1 free year. For me, I love having Sirius and I even have the Travel Link as part of my subscription. Commercial free music is great, IMHO. And I can take my same stations everywhere I drive; really like that. I pay about $200 american per year which works out to about $16 per month. It seems many let their subscription lapse. Not sure why. The way I have it figured, we pay nearly $100 per month to get a bunch of dopey text messages and allow others to constantly bother us with voice calls all day, so $16 per month for commercial free music is a real deal.

Peace.

Ha! Interesting perspective! With all of the free music available and all of the different options for listening available in the DJ I will probably let mine go when it expires... I used it a lot right away, but honestly haven't used it in quite some time. I guess it depends on how much it costs for what I would actually use. I figured when the trial is over they will likely offer me a "deal" to stay aboard. I'll see what the offer is and decide then.

We kept ours as well. In 2013 we traveled through Canada and the U.S. (8400 miles in one trip) and down to Memphis and Nashville in 2014 and were never without our favorite music. It's a great service, especially when you're in an area that has very little radio service. This is the second time we renewed, but I find if you call them just before your subscription is up, you can reduce your rate by asking to speak to a supervisor. Just tell them how much you like the service but you'll have to cancel if you can't get a better deal.

I travel a lot and sometimes in areas without terrestrial or phone service. I have a lifetime subscription on an aftermarket stereo in an older vehicle, It's getting harder to find older head units that will use the satellite box. I usually let the service expire in the Journey over the winter if I'm not going to be driving it and then take advantage of the six months for $20 offer they bombard you with in the spring.

I don't work for Sirius radio, I promise. The other thing I really like is a the variety of talk. News, Howard, NFL, sports, NPR are a few of the easily accessible channels on Sirius that I listen to often. Whatever. If you don't want it I get it, but to all those who have the freebee now, check it out fully before you decide.

Peace.

I did enjoy the free subscription when we had it. Just didn't think it was worth the money to pay for it. I do find it funny how they label it as "Commercial Free". That's a joke. I think there's almost as many commercials/ads on sirius as there is on pandora. But to each their own!

Like most of you I'm hooked on sat radio. I don't remember the last time I listened to regular radio. I was able to get the subscription renewed for a year at a little over $100 USD by calling the following number: 866-635-2349. Told them i wanted to keep All access but couldn't afford $200. The cust serv put me on hold for a minute or two and offered me a year for $130 after taxes.

I won't be renewing when it expires in March. I've had it off and on over the years. First in my 03 Grand Prix when I put an aftermarket radio in it. Then again when I put an aftermarket radio in my Special. My Charger had the balance of a 5-year subscription that the previous owner had paid for. Currently I pay $8/month for Google Play All Access, which lets me stream millions of songs through my phone or tablet to the car. I've yet to search for a song and not find it in Googles library. On top of that I can create custom playlists and have access to pre-made playlists powered by Google's acquisition of Songza, which I can then copy to my device and take with me without worrying about data caps or finding an internet connection.

There are only a handful of stations on Sirius that I listen to regularly, so unless they're willing to sell me a 12-month subscription for $50 or less, I'm not interested.

'

I won't be renewing when it expires in March. I've had it off and on over the years. First in my 03 Grand Prix when I put an aftermarket radio in it. Then again when I put an aftermarket radio in my Special. My Charger had the balance of a 5-year subscription that the previous owner had paid for. Currently I pay $8/month for Google Play All Access, which lets me stream millions of songs through my phone or tablet to the car. I've yet to search for a song and not find it in Googles library. On top of that I can create custom playlists and have access to pre-made playlists powered by Google's acquisition of Songza, which I can then copy to my device and take with me without worrying about data caps or finding an internet connection.

There are only a handful of stations on Sirius that I listen to regularly, so unless they're willing to sell me a 12-month subscription for $50 or less, I'm not interested.

'

Interesting... So you would recommend All Access then? You can download the songs?? Do they "disappear" when you stop paying for the subscription? Does art display on your screen with that service?

I have mine still, although I cancelled once, but then turned it back on when I started driving a lot. I pay $25 Us every six months. I have to call every six months, tell them I'm going to cancell unless they give it to me for $25 for six months. Worth the call every six months! Try it, you might get the same deal!

Interesting... So you would recommend All Access then? You can download the songs?? Do they "disappear" when you stop paying for the subscription? Does art display on your screen with that service?

I'm a fan, especially now that Songza has been integrated and I get custom playlists every day for various moods and events.

I haven't cancelled my sub, but I imagine songs that I haven't specifically purchased that are in my library would become unavailable until purchased, if I cancelled it.

Album art displays on the screen just as it does when you're viewing the current song from your web browser. I can stream from my phone or tablet over bluetooth to the car and to various BT speaker systems in the house, or through an AUX cable. I can also do that from my desktop or laptop. I can also cast it to my TV using my Chromecast.

Overall the service is very similar to Pandora, Spotify, etc., plus the new Songza integration.

I'm a fan, especially now that Songza has been integrated and I get custom playlists every day for various moods and events.

I haven't cancelled my sub, but I imagine songs that I haven't specifically purchased that are in my library would become unavailable until purchased, if I cancelled it.

Album art displays on the screen just as it does when you're viewing the current song from your web browser. I can stream from my phone or tablet over bluetooth to the car and to various BT speaker systems in the house, or through an AUX cable. I can also do that from my desktop or laptop. I can also cast it to my TV using my Chromecast.

Overall the service is very similar to Pandora, Spotify, etc., plus the new Songza integration.

Does the art only display when using USB, or with BT as well?