Goodbye Everyone. I traded in my Journey

DTSGUY

Silly rabbit,Chevy's are for kids. Be careful with the knobs and all things plastic. I love Chevy engines, but their interiors are as cheaply made as toys from China. I loved our '99 Blazer, but by 80,000 miles all the knobs and buttons were broken. I mean everything. Vise-Grips on both seats, aftermarket knobs on the radio, buttons for HVAC cracked. . . It all still worked, but crappy buttons I tell you.

Peace.

Nice truck DTS, you'll see why I fell in love with my Envoy XUV soon enough. Thank you for your responses to my posts, it was nice meeting you on here. Stop by and tell us how you're doing from time-to-time.

@redtom, I had a 93, 4 door Blazer for 10 years, Country Conversion, nothing fell off but a few flakes off the conversion paint?

And my 2004 Envoy ran like a champ, just GMC wouldn't fix things that were supposed to be fixed, and then I got to sick to care. 2009 I went to the Sears outlet and bought a 42" Craftsman rider, had them load it on the truck, open the roof, close the gate, and I had a new rider. The bed was large enough for a queen size mattress.

:victory:

Good luck. If it's anything like our 1998 Tahoe, it'll treat you well. It has 220,000 miles so far, and we've rebuilt the transmission, replaced the fuel pump, replaced the struts and shocks and bump stops, and replace the front and rear A/C systems. And had the front seat cushions reupholstered and headliner repaired for sag. Still starts right up and gets where it needs to go without any complaints. Served every NJ winter from December 1997 through 2010 season, now it lives it Florida.

The only button that broke on any of our GM cars and trucks was the volume knob on that truck. Fell off some years ago. I got a replacement from a Malibu in the salvage yard, and it's working fine.

So what made you trade in for the Acadia? We looked at one when we were DJ shopping, but you just couldn't get that many options in the GMC/Chevy for the same price as the DJ. Plus the gas mileage is worse in the Acadia.

I know that my answer here isn't going to be a popular one but I was never fully happy with my Journey. When I purchased it I was in a hurry and I didn't do my research on them. I purchased it in June of 2013 and at that time I didn't even know that the newer ones had a much better motor and the interior was MUCH BETTER than the 2010. After a while I didn't like the way it shifted and it didn't have enough power for me. Also I have 2 teenaged kids and one 12 year old so I found that its a little tight for us. Im not saying that its a bad vehicle by any means but its just not for me. I LOVE the way they look though. I hope no ones takes this as me bashing on Journeys cause thats not what I'm trying to do at all. Who knows maybe in 2018 after the turbo model has been out for a couple years and one of my kids have gone on their own, I might get a new one but for now I have to stick with my new Acadia.

DTSGUY,

A car drive is pretty miserable when you don't enjoy the ride. I've been their too.....when I bought my Civic when I got married the love for it faded pretty fast and I got rid of it after a couple of years to get the CR-V which was a pleasure to drive and own. Lasted for 10 years until it was stolen which was fortunate for my wife and I who decided on replacing it with the Journey and we absolutely love it.

I bought my DJ in a hurry also, I'm getting to like it. I have to understand that I'll probably never see the size of an SUV again, it's not in the cards, not because of gas nor cost. Starting in 2008 I was subjected to toxic mold on the job, 3 years of it I started having lung collapse. Ever since 2011-12 running boards have been my biggest problem. I started to look like I was climbing a mountain instead of getting into a vehicle. That was my major reason for going with the basic model I could get, to get a feel for the car, no sense in going all hog and then trading it in. So far so good. Other than being smooth riding like the GMC and the kick when I hit the gas, I'll be OK. I tried to make her kick yesterday and thought "oh, you have to think about it first?" So yeah, I shed a tear every time I see this Durango, cashmere with black interior...

Hey, there's always 3-D cars, they're starting them right over here at National Harbor!

• 5 weeks later...

I had a 2011 Nitro when I no longer wanted to make the huge payments on my Commander ($42,000 new, and a 4 year loan - my choice). I loved that Jeep, and hated the Nitro from day one. Even adding mods didn't make me like it! But I am now happy again with my vehicle. Not much out there to mod the DJ, but the few things that I have added make me like it even more.

I saw a Dodge Ad on TV last night: 4 black Dodges racing each other: Charger, Challenger, Durango and DJ! This is only the second ad that I have seen for the DJ!

Edited by dhh3