Gas Mileage

pjiv

I have a 2014 Dodge Journey Crossroad with the V6, I currently have 5574 miles on it and am averaging about 20-21 mpg. I drive mostly highway to work and back. I was just wondering how long does it take for the motor to break in so I will get a true reading on the GAS mileage? I have been tracking with the fuelly app since I got this in July. I do not get on it at all drive mostly between 55-70, maybe 25% city per week on avg. Does this seem normal, is this all I'm going to get out of this? I do realize what I purchased, it's a heavy vehicle I get that. Just wondering if anyone else is getting similar results. Even with this downfall I still could not have touched a better vehicle for the price. I did not want a 4 cyl and I did not buy one. I looked at the Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4. None even came close, this vehicle is a pleasure to drive. Mine has everything but the sunroof which I did not want. Overall I'm pleased and would purchase this again without hesitation.

Is it AWD or FWD? Our 2012 Crew V6 FWD gets normally 25-26mpg every tank. That's with ~80% highway miles at 70mph. I was getting those numbers basically after the fist oil change at 4k miles. Yours should be better if it's a FWD...unless you're packing a lot of extra weight around?

well i have had a 2011 and now a 2014 crossroad and with both i avg about 22mpg driving a little city and more hwy driving about 70 mph. i always go by miles divided by gallons and that is what i mostly avg. now if i looked at the evic i see 24or 26 or 22 always a little diferent. that only tells you what you are getting at that time and doesnt figure in stopping and driving i just posted 45days to vegas post and had a running total of about 2200 miles and avg22.7mpg loded with a 3 wheel medical scooter and some city driving while we were there. then reset it before coming home and on 1800 miles we got about 24.3mpg so you are getting about what you are going to get. all roads and driving experince will affect your mpg.. good luck p. s. both of my vech were frt wheel drive.

Edited by 2late4u

I just returned from a trip to Memphis and Nashville and averaged 26 mpg. My Journey got better mileage after 7,000-8,000 miles. It's also front wheel drive.

are u going by the evic reading or miles divided by gallons ? also memphis to nashville is not alot of miles or tank refills to get an accurate mpg. sure somtimes i get a high reading of 26mpg but very rarely and if i do its fill up drive till empty then refill. no inbetween city driving. but whatever you are getting hope it continues. take care....

Gas mileage is determined by the vehicle you drive, the geographical area you drive

and most importantly your driving habits.

After 3 1/2 years of 90% city driving my paper calculated gas usage is 11.1 L/100km

or a little over 21 mpg US.

For what it is I am happy with that.

For some reason Fuelly does not report it properly!!!

Edited by bigtsr

are u going by the evic reading or miles divided by gallons ? also memphis to nashville is not alot of miles or tank refills to get an accurate mpg. sure somtimes i get a high reading of 26mpg but very rarely and if i do its fill up drive till empty then refill. no inbetween city driving. but whatever you are getting hope it continues. take care....

We actually drove from Windsor, Ontario, Canada for a round trip total of 1,457 miles (not nearly as long as our 8,4000 mile trip from last year). I divided miles by gallons (55.7) to get the mileage. My low fuel warning light came on when I still had 6 gallons left in the tank, as usual. As bigtsr says the geographical area has an impact and considering the constant elevation changes between Windsor and Memphis, I was quite impressed. On a side note, I saw several Journeys being used as cabs in Nasheville and saw quite a few on the highway.

• 2 weeks later...