Next Gen DJ?

When Fiat took over Chrysler, Sir Sergio whined, bitched and moaned about the badge engineered cars. Now, we'll have 5 based on the same car: Dart, Journey, Avenger (they decided to keep it!), 200, and Cherokee. Soon, the Wagoneer alongside the Durango! We already have the Charger/300. WTF?

It will look similar to the Cherokee, but extended for a third row just like the Durango is an extended Grand Cherokee for the third row. Sad.

Hey, I don't mind how the new Cherokee's look. If the Journey goes that route for design I'd definitely be looking to upgrade. Unfortunately, compared to other vehicles in the same class I think our Journey's are starting to become a little dated & tiresome in design. Pretty much all others car makes have refreshed their vehicle designs like the Ford Escape, Hyundai Santa Fe, etc....sad to say but a change may be good.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

• 6 months later...

I traded a 2012 Dodge Journey Crew in for a 2015 Dodge Journey SXT and it seems I went down in the model lines. I still wish I had the 2012 DJ Crew. If Dodge does an update in 2016, and I'm not sure anything is going to happen in that respect, I will definitely update or I maight even trade for a competitor.

Edited by jaymista

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This from Autoweek:

When it comes to Dodge vehicles, Reuters reports that FCA has also postponed full redesigns of the Dodge Dart and Journey, new versions of which were expected to be seen by the middle of 2016. These two models are now scheduled to receive mild makeovers, and will not be full redesigned until 2019 or 2020.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/fca-delays-updates-jeep-chrysler-and-dodge-lines#ixzz3c1BqaZhu

All FCA $ is being spent on Alfa Romeo! Maybe we will finally see racetrack tail lights on our Journey!

I copied this quote from a newsletter tonight:

When it comes to Dodge vehicles, Reuters reports that FCA has also postponed full redesigns of the Dodge Dart and Journey, new versions of which were expected to be seen by the middle of 2016. These two models are now scheduled to receive mild makeovers, and will not be full redesigned until 2019 or 2020.

Another bit of news, which will likely sit poorly with dealers, concerns updates to large cars from the Chrysler and Dodge brands, including the Challenger, Charger and the 300. These vehicles were originally scheduled to be fully redesigned by the middle/end of 2018, but are now expected to see replacements arrive in 2019 or even later, sources tell Reuters.

• 3 weeks later...

I just read an article concerning a new Alfa Romeo mid size sedan that will be released shortly. It gives the Alfa Dealers another vehicle to sell, besides the 4C. It has a Ferrari V6 and is RWD. The Maserati is already using 300/Charger parts and a Ferrari V6 and V8. I'm guessing that this RWD Alfa will be the basis for the next DJ and Avenger, if it is resurrected. Maybe the Challenger too. Dodge is supposedly going all RWD, and is the Performance Division. SRT is no longer a stand alone brand. Dodge got it back! The Viper is once again a Dodge Viper, and not an SRT Viper. The 300 SRT has been cancelled, but the GC SRT has not. Confusing. Since the Dart is FWD, I'm wondering how it will fit in. Time will tell. It would be nice to see the Magnum again. The DJ could be a mini Magnum!

Edited by dhh3

Anything short of a massive increase in marketing of the Journey is a travesty. It's got to be the worst advertised vehicle with as much packed in to it for the best price I've ever seen. The "experts" who bash this vehicle have no idea what they're talking about.

Anything short of a massive increase in marketing of the Journey is a travesty. It's got to be the worst advertised vehicle with as much packed in to it for the best price I've ever seen. The "experts" who bash this vehicle have no idea what they're talking about.

Right. I wholeheartedly agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Peace.

To be honest, I never really knew the Journey existed. I happened upon it when looking at Durango's for my gf, which was going to be a bit too expensive for what she wanted to pay. Wanting a 7 passenger vehicle for those rare occasions when she had her sister and her sister's kid's with her, the sales person asked if I had looked at the Journey. Because of the very strong sales and incentives offered when I looked, the Journey ended up being a fantastic bargain...as long as the vehicle is dependable. So far, so good. and, based on what I've noticed lately around the metro Phoenix area, many other people discovered this vehicle as well. Even one of my gf's co-workers picked up a new 2015 last week. and there are a number of these vehicles around my area with TRP's on them.

Anything short of a massive increase in marketing of the Journey is a travesty. It's got to be the worst advertised vehicle with as much packed in to it for the best price I've ever seen. The "experts" who bash this vehicle have no idea what they're talking about

I've had the same cars for some time now but we needed to get something bigger as we have one huge dog, and another puppy that will be just as big. We haven't been in the market for a while and I had no Idea what Journey was. Sadly I learned about them while driving through a dealer lot. (Yeah that is pretty bad) Once I drove one in the 3,6 crossroad with some fluff I was hooked... The DJ is so much car for the price.

After we bought it, I went over to my friends house who has a rav 4. The first thing he said while getting into the car was "wow, dodge is really stepping up their game with theses new cars." Obviously he had never taken notice or knew what a DJ was since they came out.

I will admit that the new 15 crossroad wheels and smoked headlights/grill are subtle improvements, but they almost change the whole look of this car.

Its not going to happen, but Id love to see the DJ stay aggressive looking and maybe get a little taller. I cant stand the new suv crossover styles that look like rolling bulbs. This is why IMO the Tahoe is so awesome.

Edited by Medabum

The Tahoe looks like one from the 1990s - it is way too square, IMHO. And that piece on the side of the headlights - useless fluff. A blatant copy of the Nissan Z.

Edited by dhh3

Bling bling!!

2015-chevrolet-tahoe-12.jpg

Indeed,

Would look so much better without Gold distraction right in the middle. Once reason I love the black out grill on the black crossroad.

Dhh3,

I'm coming to terms with the boxy look.... My dog looks at me like "WTF" from the conversation mirror (no I don't use that) when I have all the seats flat because he cant stand all the way up.

Just don't want a mini van.........yet.....