Sneak Peak....DJ 2014

cskmom

So as promised in another thread, here is a sneak peek of the DJ I'll be picking up on Saturday. I stopped at the dealership today on my way home from work in this crazy snow storm we are having, to go over some paperwork and familiarity with the car

Enjoy the pics...mud flaps are on, hood bug deflector, and cargo mat. Tint job on Saturday

IMG_20140312_1641011_zps7217d78f.jpg

IMG_20140312_1640501_zpsad96e3e7.jpg

IMG_20140312_1641211_zpse7bdf8d3.jpg

Edited by cskmom

Thanks everyone...I do hope the weather is nice too for Saturday, as I plan to take it for it's first road trip with my son to Syracuse.

Looking at the front....is it possible to add FOG LIGHTS to the car, what brand and where from? The dealer is already charging me ridiculous prices for stuff

I'll be getting my rear hitch from the couple of places recommended so far. The one place delivers to Canada, and if I find cheaper, I can always get a free shipping to my US shipping address at the closest border town

You must be so psyched! Best of luck with it and keep the pictures coming! Make sure they replace the missing center cap on the driver's side front wheel! :)

What "center cap"?

Just realised that if you look at the front bumper, you can see the reflection of my legs taking the pictures.

What "center cap"?

In the dead center of the wheel, there is a hole which centers the wheel on the hub. The hole is normally concealed with a cap. In the picture, it looks to me like the cap is missing and there's a little snow accumulating in the bottom of the hole. The caps should be on all four wheels when you take delivery. Hard to tell but I think it's in place on the driver's side rear wheel.

Edited by Journeyman425

Are the 14's front redesigned? i think just a little right?? Looks nice by the way...

No that is actually the older style front end. Some of the current models still get some of the older pieces it seems (bumpers, tail lights). Have a look at the different model styles on dodge.com or dodge.ca to see what I mean.

You can add your own aftermarket fog lights if your good at that sort of thing (cutting holes, wiring in, etc). If you want OEM,you gotta pay to play. Even if you did manage to get the housings and switch, the dealer will still have to "turn them on" via the starscan tool and charge you for it as well.

Edited by jkeaton

You can add your own aftermarket fog lights if your good at that sort of thing (cutting holes, wiring in, etc). If you want OEM,you gotta pay to play. Even if you did manage to get the housings and switch, the dealer will still have to "turn them on" via the starscan tool and charge you for it as well.

Hmmmm...so what is/are my other options? I am trying to avoid the blood sucking leech dealer.... Don't say just drive like that :-)

Tw

Hmmmm...so what is/are my other options? I am trying to avoid the blood sucking leech dealer.... Don't say just drive like that :-)

Two choices:

1) Buy the OEM foglight housings and new headlight switch (I assume the things in there would just pop out or unscrew to mount OEM housings), I believe the wiring is already there, they usually run wiring for all options even if not equipped. Install the parts and have the dealer enable them through the PCM. I'm afraid these parts woud be dealer only at this time. Heres a link that says it's a complete kit, same as production. I will leave it up to you to find out the details. It's not a bad price reallyif it includes everything: http://www.mopar.com/part/82212789AB?s=362351&i=2206248&b=dodge

2) Buy some aftermarket fog light kit and wire them in yourself with a separate switch.

Edited by jkeaton

Good afternoon everyone....hope your weekend is going smoothly and the weather is cooperating where you are? Pick up the car this morning and immediately drove it to get tinting done. I am not particularly happy with the finished product, and I think the guy was just trying to go home quickly that he rushed it.

I asked for a 20% in front and 15% at the back. I can still see into the car clearly in front, and the back that is supposed to be 15% is so visible from a distance. He claimed he used ultra guard or something like that.

I needed the back to be dark that you COULDN'T see into unless you put your face to the window. I am going to have to get it redone

Anyway....here are the pics

IMG_5965_zps69486a85.jpg

IMG_5967_zpsc4b26790.jpg

IMG_5968_zpsbba8aceb.jpg

IMG_5970_zps5c0efa68.jpg

So am getting the windows at the back redone today...I just couldn't live with it all weekend long and it bugged me. I also ordered a rear view mirror replacement backup camera, and purchased a hitch from hitchdepot that will get installed next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello folks.....update to this car Canadian Value Package

- Had another driver go into the side of me last December. I haven't fixed the driver side (mid way / bottom part) door yet

For Winter Tires......what size options do I have to replace the tires in the pics for Winter driving? 17" are expensive and I don't want to spend a lot of money as I am on a budget.

- If I was to buy just two for now, where should the 2 be installed?

Thanks

After late 2012 early 2013 the DJ aquired larger front rotors and I

believe that was for all models including the CVP so I would

say your stuck with 17" rims.

If your going with snow tires and don't/can't buy 4 then I personally

would put them on the front for traction and put the best of the

all seasons you have on the rear.

Have you tried used tire sources?

You can't go smaller than 17" due to clearance issues with the front rotors. Check with your local tire store for options. Maybe they have some used ones as mentioned. If you buy only two, the should be installed on the driven wheels for maximum traction.

Edited by jkeaton