WeatherTech Mats and Cargo Liner

The Husky liners actually provide more coverage than the Weathertechs for the front row. I ended up buying a full set of each and picked the ones I liked best for each row. Now I have Husky liners in the front row, and Weathertech mats in the 2nd row, 3rd row, and cargo area. I guess I'll need to get around to selling the extra Weathertech front row mats and Husky 2nd row liners.

I have all three rows and cargo liner in Weathertech. I really like them and they cover and fit well. Looking and pictures and comments about the husky liners they do see to cover more area in the front row, but personally I like the design of the Weathertech better.

Both are great, just find the set you like.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought mine from Action Truck who have offices in various

cities here in Canada.

I only live about 3 miles from WeatherTechs Canadian

hq but the seller Northern Performance which is the same

building wanted $10 more for the same product as Action.

• 4 weeks later...

We have Weathertechs in my Dakota...They seem to be "curling-up" so we investigated both Weathertech and Husky for our new Crew. Talked with the rep and found out Husky were a little softer but not as thick..Ordered and recieved the less expensive Husky's. The "diamond" design is a bit industrial, but heah, you only put your feet on them and ours are black. They fit extremely well, very adequate height to the pan, were definitely softer and just a bit thinner, but still substantial enough, than the weathertechs. The cargo tray came rolled up but flattened out overnight and fits very nicely. Certainly not regretting them so far...

Edited by pknier

Do any of the aftermarkets allow for access to the coolers in the 2nd row?

The WeatherTechs are one solid piece for the width of the vehicle, so they do cover more floor than the factory mats and do not have the cut out for the "cooler" latch, but they are flexible enough to allow access to store things. However if you are having a tailgate party or something and plan on using the "coolers" as such for your drinks or need quick access while the vehicle is in motion these mats might cause some annoyance.

We run with the Weathertechs currently in the front only... due to price. Will be adding the rears and cargo before the snow flys. Really like em but to each his own. Easy to remove. Easy to clean back to that "out of the box" look.

Just an update on our 2 month old WeatherTech front mats... I have pulled them out twice and hand washed them with a normal hose attachment and the WeatherTech label on both have come off. Seems the quality of glue is not up to par. I am currently in contact with WeatherTech regarding this and am awaiting a response this week as to what they are prepared to do. Their website says they pride themselves on quality but I am questioning that quality. I would not recommend WeatherTech currently. I am looking for a bug deflector and front window air deflectors but until WeatherTech addresses my concerns, they won't get another penny from me. Have not tried the Husky's so can not comment on them but from what I have read, they are of good quality and price. Edited by Rubberdude88

Yes I have the same on mine but have not been over to WeatherTech

office as of yet to get it resolved,maybe this week sometime.

The other thing is that they are losing shape where I step across

threshold going in and out so I will bring that up also,maybe take

it out of the DJ and sit it in the sun will reshape to original as

most plastic molding have shape memory.

In the second seat, one could cut the "hump" portion off creating two separate "trays" allowing easier access to the coolers. Would have to weigh the loss of the protection over the "hump" May be just as easy to remove the second seat mats when needing frequent access to coolers.

• 2 months later...

Just an update on our 2 month old WeatherTech front mats... I have pulled them out twice and hand washed them with a normal hose attachment and the WeatherTech label on both have come off. Seems the quality of glue is not up to par. I am currently in contact with WeatherTech regarding this and am awaiting a response this week as to what they are prepared to do. Their website says they pride themselves on quality but I am questioning that quality. I would not recommend WeatherTech currently. I am looking for a bug deflector and front window air deflectors but until WeatherTech addresses my concerns, they won't get another penny from me. Have not tried the Husky's so can not comment on them but from what I have read, they are of good quality and price.

I have the same problem with the emblems. Haven't contacted Weathertech as yet, but I guess I should as I ordered them early in the year for what I thought would be April delivery (turned out to be June)

Yes I have the same on mine but have not been over to WeatherTech

office as of yet to get it resolved,maybe this week sometime.

The other thing is that they are losing shape where I step across

threshold going in and out so I will bring that up also,maybe take

it out of the DJ and sit it in the sun will reshape to original as

most plastic molding have shape memory.

The right side of the second row floormat has never fit flush with the edgo of the sill area. Thought it would eventually straightened itself out, but that hasn't happened. The ill fit may be caused by having to sit in the box for an extra for so long (an extra 6 weeks) while awaiting delivery of Journey. However I will contact them on this issue also.

Other then those two issues, I have been very happy with them. Other then a bit of grit getting on the edge of the carpet at the sill, when I take the mats out to wash them, there is nothing on the carpet below, so their doing their job.

When I researchd the Huskies, if they didn't have such an industrial look to them (to me they belong in a work vehicle, which the Journey is not IMHO), I would have really considered getting those just because of the cost difference.

I put a set of Husky liners in front, back and cargo area. Look good to me. Retailer recommended them, said they are just as good as Weather Tech and cheaper as well. Offered to sell me the Weather Tech if I really insisted on parting with the extra $$.

I have a Husky liner in the front and Weathertech in the second and third rows. I have noticed that the right edge curls on the second row mat. No problem with Husky in the front row. I also have a Husky cargo liner. with no problems of curling. I did like the looks of the Weathertech but they did not have the front liners at the time so bought Husky for the front.

post-3524-0-59814900-1354031459_thumb.jp