Problems with 09 drivers window, lock button and both mirrors

Okay....... Please allow me to start by providing you with this information

1. My warranty has expired

2. The window switch still lights up EXCEPT for the mirror switch

3. I already tried banging on it like crazy

4. The recall has already been done on the door harness

5. Express window works for the pass. side only since this issue started

I have seen many post where people said that they were gonna take into the dealer to find out what the issue was, but they never posted a response. Did anybody get this fixed or is everybody still riding with only three windows down? I was told by the dealer that it is either the module inside the driver's door ($242 just for the part), the window switch ($50) or the TIPM aka fuse box ($600 just for the part). The dealer charged $75 to diagnose the issue with the computer and the computer report simply says, "Unable to communicate with drivers door". SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME OUT! :rant2:

Edited by KingdomCarClub

• 7 months later...

***MY 2009 DODGE JOURNEY SXT's WINDOW PROBLEM IS NOW FIXED!!! :shades:***

Thanks to God and my will to listen I was able to figure out the problem without the assistance of the idiots at the dealership. I wasted $75 on those idiots only for them to tell me "Duh, I don't know, but if you give us another $800 we will figure it out. o_O"

Anyway, here's how you fix it.

1. Open the driver's door and remove the panel

2. Look for a 5"x5" black box with three plugs running to it. This black box aka "Driver's Door Module" has failed. DO NOT call the dealer to ask them to look it up because none of the 6 dealers I called had a clue what it was and could NOT find it by searching it by name.

3. Call (1-800-428-0517) or go to http://www.wholesale...CFUdN4AodPDB_Cw Scroll down to "Search by part number"

4. Select "Dodge" from the drop down and enter part number 5026861AE and hit "Search"

5. Pay for the part (This part is $60 before shipping and tax which brought the total to roughly $76 & it takes 3-5 business days to get)

6. Put the new box in the place of the old AND BE SURE TO PLUG THE WIRES INTO THE NEW ONE THE SAME WAY YOU REMOVED THEM FROM THE OLD BOX.

7. Plug in the switch BEFORE you assemble the door to test it and it WILL surely bring a smile to your face to see your Journey working again :hyper:

P.S. you can go get it from the dealer if you want to but the dealer CANNOT touch that price because you are buying it straight from the factory and the dealer with free shipping is at least $100. I have bought parts from Wholesalemopar.com many times and they are honest and quick on the delivery.

-fameurself.com

Edited by KingdomCarClub

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a 2009 journey SE with the same problem in the passenger side, but I remove de drivers door panel and I can´t find the door module, I follow the wiring from plugs and continue only to the dash....somebody knows if is located in another place.????

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I am having this problem with my 2009 journey. It happened while putting windows down. I pushed both front auto down and tried to stop them then half way. Now neither front will work, no power mirrors, but rear work. I havent seen any answers as to whether the drivers door moduale did work, and some say recall did and some say didnt. Thanks for any answers or help.

Edited by DevilDodge

• 4 months later...

I think by removing the fuse you reset the door module. I had the same problem on mine and resetting the module by pulling the fuse always fixed it. I found that when ever I set the driver window auto up feature it would mess up the switch again. My fix was to not set the auto up feature. Although I did take the door panel off and clean the door module wire harnesses. Has been fine ever since.

• 1 year later...

Mine turned out to be a bad fuse. It wasn't blown but I switched it out and everything was working again.

Hi

I'm having the same issue with my Journey 2009...

Do you remember which fuse you switched?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum. Have you had the door wiring recall done yet?

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I had the recall done.

This driver door switch has been acting erratically for a while... A few days ago a clicking sound started, which seemed to come from the door... Removing and reinserting fuse J4 (driver door node) made it go away.

This time, only the rear windows work on the driver switch. No passenger window or mirrors. I even removed J13 (IOD), to no avail.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to roll up the driver window, at least (yes, it's down)? :)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I had the recall done.

This driver door switch has been acting erratically for a while... A few days ago a clicking sound started, which seemed to come from the door... Removing and reinserting fuse J4 (driver door node) made it go away.

This time, only the rear windows work on the driver switch. No passenger window or mirrors. I even removed J13 (IOD), to no avail.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to roll up the driver window, at least (yes, it's down)? :)

Thanks in advance!

Another thing to try is taking off the driver's side door panel and removing the harness from the module and reinserting after about a minute. I had to do that a couple times in order to get the window switches to work. I currently don't have my Journey anymore and I don't exactly remember how to get the panel off. I believe there is a screw on the arm rest and behind the door handle, the bottom needs some yanking for the plastic pins and then the whole assembly lifts up and out.

• 3 months later...

Bit late to this party but I had same issue with my 2010 Journey. Fixed it by disconnecting the battery which appears to have reset the module, similar to removing fuse. I was fearing the worst - i.e. changing the module / harness / switch unit but in the end the fix was simple (and cheap!).

I'm glad I got to the battery too - seems like there's no petroleum jelly on the terminals (from the factory) and there was some corrosion present, not to mention the amount of mud in there. I cleaned it all out and put some jelly on and its now good for winter !

:)

• 1 year later...

Thank you all for sharing this,My wife and I made our first dodge purchase, getting a second hand 2009 5 years ago, for the last 2 years we have not been able to use the driver side window,  Went to local dealer, when it first happened and I spent $180 on a new switch.  only to find it did nothing to change the situation, the dealer then told me it was going to cost another $890 to fit an new computer as the old one that powered the window was stuffed. after reading your advise I disconnected  the battery for 10 min( just to be safe). all good so far 1 week later, even took the family through a drive through at McDonalds, what a christmas novelty.  Unfortunately now the LHS side mirror is no longer able to turn inwards when car is stopped and opens out till it hits the the front pillar. Really disappointing electrics for such a nice looking car.  Thanks again 

Did you at least insist that the dealer reimburse you for replacing a perfectly good switch?

Sounds a LOT more like bad power (usually a failing battery or corrosion to the ground connections) than anything else.  And dealers are clueless or calculating (or some combination of the two) - if they were held accountable for their diagnostic errors life would be a lot better for everyone - but then they make mistakes they get to keep the profits and then get to charge you more.

When the pressure sensor in my '14 went they tried to blame Costco (where I get my oil changed) claiming that it was the oil filter, at which point I told them to give me the one that was in the vehicle for evidence and that Costco would be getting the bill.  Suddenly the story changed and it became a warranty repair - not to mention that the failure mode (meter reading max pressure all the time) was inconsistent with a failure of the oil filter receptacle.

My point?  I have none because there is little 'we' can do against incompetent and predatory dealers except to understand the problems and try to stay a step ahead of their story lines.

Edited by bramfrank

• 2 years later...

Just joined this forum and I was looking over the posts from years past. I have a 2017 Crossroad Edition and I have pretty much the same issue: driver's side panel will not operate any of the windows, both the rear window/panels will not function, only the passenger panel/window works, it's also the only panel that's lit. Power locks and power mirrors are NOT affected, both work. I tried the battery disconnection trick but that didn't work. I pulled the power window fuse and replaced it but still nothing. My only guess would be checking/replacing the window control module behind the driver door panel, but I'm not mechanic so I would appreciate any help given.

• 1 year later...

Hello I'm Rose and I own a 2009 Dodge Journey. I am having the same problem with the windows and locks.  But not only have they stop working now other things are gapping. Like none of the lights to the ac/heater don't come on , now the ac not coming on. I have done everything everybody has said to do everything was good or I have replaced. Any ideals?

38 minutes ago, Rose Cash said:

Hello I'm Rose and I own a 2009 Dodge Journey. I am having the same problem with the windows and locks.  But not only have they stop working now other things are gapping. Like none of the lights to the ac/heater don't come on , now the ac not coming on. I have done everything everybody has said to do everything was good or I have replaced. Any ideals?

Are YOU doing the work or having a shop do it? Have you taken the driver door panel off and inspected the wires that run from the master switch THRU the door and into the body? Common for wires to break at the door hinge area from 12 years of use.  as for A/C and control lights, that would be a separate issue, and possibly a bad control panel.