Most miles?

Mopar54

I'm just curious who is rolling up the most miles on their Journey? I am about to head home this afternoon and will pass 6100 miles this afternoon. Anyone on par with this?

As some background, I'm in sales. I'm actually travelling every week between Chicago-land and Detroit, MI. So, I'm racking up a ton of highway miles (at least 630 a week just for my 'commute')

John

I HAVE 15,000 MILES. SO FAR ALL I HAVE NEEDED IS NEW BRAKE PADS ALL AROUND.

• 1 month later...

I'm just over 23000 miles since Sept 09. My job requires lots of driving. I just had to have the power take off unit seal (transfer case seal) replaced yesterday. It started leaking last Nov, but dealership couldn't find anything. Finally my husband took the car in - and then they found the leak. Apparently they lifted the car up on the rack and the seal fell out. Probably why there is oil all over the back, the wheels are always covered in grime, and the car constantly smells like its burning! Apparently none of this is evidence of a leak. On up side...My car will never rust!

I'm just over 23000 miles since Sept 09. My job requires lots of driving. I just had to have the power take off unit seal (transfer case seal) replaced yesterday. It started leaking last Nov, but dealership couldn't find anything. Finally my husband took the car in - and then they found the leak. Apparently they lifted the car up on the rack and the seal fell out. Probably why there is oil all over the back, the wheels are always covered in grime, and the car constantly smells like its burning! Apparently none of this is evidence of a leak. On up side...My car will never rust!

Bonehead dealers. Stories like this just amaze me. It's not like the dealer is trying to avoid doing warranty work - they get PAID to do warranty work! You'd think they'd be looking real hard to find a problem. Sheer incompetence!

• 2 weeks later...

40K Its a company lease vehicle and I work as a courrier. So far no major trouble. I like the vehicle. Style isnt' to bad though I prefer the Mazda CX's and the Nissan Murrano's style. My bigest fear is that they where going to put me in a a Nissan Cube! Now thats to me is styling gone very wrong.lol!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

52 thousand miles. Plenty of front disc brake trouble with warped rotors. I also have the Lifter noise when its cold but still ok. I think I have a to replace the neutral safety switch now.

Tires went to 45K over all so far I would rate this vehicle fair to good. Best ad on part so far was a $2 dollar blind spot mirror I got at a truck stop! Vehicle is fairly comfortable on long road trips.

Still don't have much confidence in the transmission because it acts unusual under hard acceleration .Such as passing another vehicle. I would recommend having it checked by a good transmission mechanic every year. Theres better SUV's but there more money.

52 thousand miles. Plenty of front disc brake trouble with warped rotors. I also have the Lifter noise when its cold but still ok. I think I have a to replace the neutral safety switch now.

Tires went to 45K over all so far I would rate this vehicle fair to good. Best ad on part so far was a $2 dollar blind spot mirror I got at a truck stop! Vehicle is fairly comfortable on long road trips.

Still don't have much confidence in the transmission because it acts unusual under hard acceleration .Such as passing another vehicle. I would recommend having it checked by a good transmission mechanic every year. Theres better SUV's but there more money.

Thank goodness I have that LifeTime Powertrain Warranty !

• 1 month later...

60k miles on my AWD SXT....had to put a battery in it today :rant:

I'm just curious if your battery was dry when you replaced it (maybe you didn't check). When I purchased my Journey it was already one year old (sat on the dealers lot that long) so I checked the battery and sure enough if was a bit low on water, maybe they come that way so you have to replace them sooner.

I'd be curious if a few others checked their battery, what they might find.

Happy Motoring....

• 1 month later...

I'm just curious who is rolling up the most miles on their Journey? I am about to head home this afternoon and will pass 6100 miles this afternoon. Anyone on par with this?

As some background, I'm in sales. I'm actually travelling every week between Chicago-land and Detroit, MI. So, I'm racking up a ton of highway miles (at least 630 a week just for my 'commute')

John

Bought mine in May of 2008. I have 47,000 miles and have encountered the following problems thus far: broken valve stems, had to put new tires on it after only 16,000 miles (Kumo tires are junk), when I hit the unlock button on remote the alarm goes off, paint peeled off drivers side mirror, dealership said it wasn't primed properly, periodically car will not start unless everything else is shut off, console around shifter sometimes gets hot to the touch

1 great thing...I use the mirror to watch people in the rear seats to see the blind spots all around the car, it works great

• 2 weeks later...