2011 Dodge Journey Pentastar fuel economy

Defender007

That is amazingly impressive! Way way better on what i got on my road trip which was 10.1L/100km On 63-66 mph...

Congrats!

Well when I got home today from my trip to Durango, the fuel economy meter in the EVIC read 28.4. When I gassed up to get the real scoop, my actual mileage was 27.2 mpg. Still I'm pretty darn impressed. Trip was overall elevation neutral, but lots of hills and mountains in between. It was hot so I ran the AC all the way and set the cruise control at 65 on the way home.

Peace.

Well when I got home today from my trip to Durango, the fuel economy meter in the EVIC read 28.4. When I gassed up to get the real scoop, my actual mileage was 27.2 mpg. Still I'm pretty darn impressed. Trip was overall elevation neutral, but lots of hills and mountains in between. It was hot so I ran the AC all the way and set the cruise control at 65 on the way home.

Peace.

Still very impressive! I would be very happy if i get even 1 liter higher that what sticker says w/c is 8.4L/100km highway and13L/100km city. Now my pure city is 17.9,, mixed city and highway is 14.9L/100km.

Just turned 26,000 miles on this trip. When my DJ was newer noticed a big increase in mpg at about 8000 miles. Maybe I'm noticing a small bump in mileage at 25000 or so? Not sure. I do watch my EVIC economy meter very closely when the cruise is not on. That thing really teaches you how to drive efficiently. Pretty happy with the mileage and the power for passing when needed. Had a mountain bike on the roof during this trip too.

Peace.

Only hope that mine will be fuel efficient also as the mileage gets bigger! Yeah, me too i watch my economy meter on the EVIC all the time. I dont remember that my rpm went higher than 3.5k on normal driving, aside one time when i used manual stick to help my engine breaking-in! But i reset my evic since then!

I believe the fuel economy battle relies on whether or not you want to have a little fun behind the wheel.
I've managed to get as low as 9.5L/100KM highway, but I had to really limit my foot. Almost no passing, cruise control at 110km/h and tach under 2000 RPM.

Problem is I didn't buy a Dodge with 293 horses under the hood to drive it like a Prius. Drive it like a real Dodge, and you are guaranteed 14-15L/100KM+

I believe the fuel economy battle relies on whether or not you want to have a little fun behind the wheel.

I've managed to get as low as 9.5L/100KM highway, but I had to really limit my foot. Almost no passing, cruise control at 110km/h and tach under 2000 RPM.

Problem is I didn't buy a Dodge with 293 horses under the hood to drive it like a Prius. Drive it like a real Dodge, and you are guaranteed 14-15L/100KM+

I know what you mean... What frustrates me is comparison to other journey! If most of journey owner is getting same fuel economy as i do then i wont be upset even if its +5 higher what it said in the sticker! But dude, every body says im way higher. Hmmnnn, well, too much rant! ...I love my journey though.. :-)

1000 miles on my 13 Crew.On a trip from Nia Falls to Myrtle Beach the EVIC displayed 31.8 mpg upon arrival will see what the ride home gets.

There were times when I was getting over 32-far better than my 09 RT as I never did better than 27.5 on any trip..

Just completed an 13,654 kilometer or 8484 mile trip through the U.S. and Canada. The best mileage I got was 7.3L/100km or 32.2 mpg ( four days 2881.8 Kilometers all highway) The worst I got was 10.9L/100km or 21.5 (city/highway) 2nd last day of our trip we drove into strong headwinds for 1,101.4 kilometers and averaged 9.5L/100km (highway). The final day we drove 1.374 kilometers and averaged 7.8L/100km or 30.15 mpg (highway). I noticed significant improvement in mileage after my first oil change at 5,000 kilometers and again at 8,000 kilometers. I now have 23,736 kilometers on my Journey, which I got on December 10, 2013. Had to stop in Reno for an oil change. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I also have the trailer tow package with the oil cooler(didn't tow by the way).

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a 2000 mile trip from south California to Idaho and back in our 2012 DJ Crew 3.6L. On the way there I got 28.1 mpg average and on the way back to California I only got 26.2 mpg (stuck in a stupid traffic jam for 1 hour). On the way to Idaho I also was carrying 400+ lbs more in gear and passengers. I guess the DJ does not like to sit in traffic jams as much as cruze on the highway.

I was doing 80 mph for most of the drive. Very impressed with this type of mileage! Loving it...

I've been noticing a lot of you guys that have been getting great mileage on your journeys but mot are FWD and very few are AWD. Mine with the very hot weather we have been having and 100% city driving I'm at 23L/100kms

And that is exactly why I didn't get an AWD. 10 mpg is HORRIBLE!!! You could drive a giant lifted truck or diesel truck pulling 10000 lbs and get the same mileage. Even when i do all city driving, I don't think I've ever seen below 20mpg before.

I have a 2010 AWD 3.5 liter V6 and I put close to 1,000 kms.on it last weekend and my EVIC said I was getting an average of 10 liters/100 kilometers which is close to 30 mpg (IMP gallons) I usaully use my Fuelly to keep track of my mileage but haven't entered it yet.

Terry

146733255.jpg

Edited by Windancer

I've been noticing a lot of you guys that have been getting great mileage on your journeys but mot are FWD and very few are AWD. Mine with the very hot weather we have been having and 100% city driving I'm at 23L/100kms

I feel your pain buddy... I got an AWD also and i got a high as 33L/100Km last winter 100% city driving. The best i got on city driving this summer was 17L/100km. I drove it on highway, 300kms on two way! I got flat 10L/100 @ speed 100-120kph. Right now im averaging 13.9L/100km which my best so far.combined city and highway.