Wiring Harness for Front Doors

When I brought my '09 Journey injust recently, I was told by the service writer that their is a recall out for the front driver and passenger door wiring harnesses. This just was sent out to the dealers, and Chrysler hasn't sent out the replacement harnesses yet, but soon will, so I wasn't able to get mine replaced yet. Will let you know when I hear more on this.

I suggest getting the recall done ASAP. We had an '09 SXT and received the recall notice about two weeks ago. Our '09 had had an issue with the airbag light illuminating when the ambient temp would be 50*F or lower. As the cabin warmed up the light would eventually go out. Last Sunday it finally went bonkers. Wife called from work and said all the dash warning lights were cycling on, wipers were wiping every 5 seconds event though they were off, power locks wouldn't work and the turn signals were intermittent. Took it to the dealer and they surmised the door harness was shorting out causing the CAN bus (cabin area network) to go crazy. Long story short, we ended up trading it on for a lightly used '10 Journey SXT.

FYI - the dealer should be able to get the parts now. Before we traded the dealer told us they would have to order the parts and would get them in a day.

• 1 month later...

I had mine replaced a few weeks ago. The continuious problem I have had and am still having is with the drivers side window. It's supposed to go up automatically, but every once in awhile it won't, and if I try to raise the window, it goes up an inch and stops, then another inch and stops, then again until the window is fully up. They claimed the wiring harness would fix it (along with all the other excuses they gave me while trying to fix it over the last 3 years.....) but it did not. I have about had it with this car, I am hoping come fall I will NO LONGER be a Journey owner....think I'm going back to Jeep.

Reset the power window switch. It involves holding the switch in place for a few seconds once the glass is all the way up / down. See service manual for procedure. I had to do mine once after it did the same thing yours are doing. OK now.

Reset the power window switch. It involves holding the switch in place for a few seconds once the glass is all the way up / down. See service manual for procedure. I had to do mine once after it did the same thing yours are doing. OK now.

Oh, ok..thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Had my letter re air bag warning recall this week.

Had problems before with passenger (LHS/UK) window stuck down and dealer said it was a broken wire in the drivers door(RHS/UK).

Last week had problems with central locking not working on remote or door switches, then next minute all

ok and for the last week as well. Now the recall. Anyone know if all the above is related to the door wiring harness and the likyhood of fixing all the above.

• 3 weeks later...

On my 2009 I have now lost function of most controls on driver door. Only rear windows respond. (no front, mirrors, lock/unlock). I too also have an "airbag" alert on the dash.

Can anyone that received the recall notice and had work done comment on there issues and if they were resolved by the dealer. Of course all dealers are different. But I'm just looking to see if your repairs corrected your problems or if they trying to say they were not related to the recall.

Thx

• 4 months later...

On my 2009 I have now lost function of most controls on driver door. Only rear windows respond. (no front, mirrors, lock/unlock). I too also have an "airbag" alert on the dash.

Can anyone that received the recall notice and had work done comment on there issues and if they were resolved by the dealer. Of course all dealers are different. But I'm just looking to see if your repairs corrected your problems or if they trying to say they were not related to the recall.

Thx

i am having the same problem with my master door switch. i have control of the rear windows only. no power mirrors, door locks, or front windows. i just came across your post and was wondering what corrected the problem?

i am having the same problem with my master door switch. i have control of the rear windows only. no power mirrors, door locks, or front windows. i just came across your post and was wondering what corrected the problem?

I also got the notice and it was right after I started having the control problems. When they did the recall, it fixed all of the problems with the door and window controls.

I got the recall bulletin and the typical back order run around from my dealer.

Says the parts should be in the "next couple of weeks" which means December

if I'm lucky. I have no electrical issues so far and think I might just not get the recall

done because I know they will screw it up and the fix will be worse than before.

I suggest getting the recall done ASAP. We had an '09 SXT and received the recall notice about two weeks ago. Our '09 had had an issue with the airbag light illuminating when the ambient temp would be 50*F or lower. As the cabin warmed up the light would eventually go out. Last Sunday it finally went bonkers. Wife called from work and said all the dash warning lights were cycling on, wipers were wiping every 5 seconds event though they were off, power locks wouldn't work and the turn signals were intermittent. Took it to the dealer and they surmised the door harness was shorting out causing the CAN bus (cabin area network) to go crazy. Long story short, we ended up trading it on for a lightly used '10 Journey SXT.

FYI - the dealer should be able to get the parts now. Before we traded the dealer told us they would have to order the parts and would get them in a day.

Actually it's "Controller Area Network"; this is a system developed by Bosch in the mid-eighties. It's not only used on cars, but industrial equipment as well. Not trying to slam you, I just like everyone to have the correct info.

I just was googling for this, took my Dodge Journey SE down to the local dealer today to have a new wheel fitted cos the valve blew last night, hubby said it had totally cracked. Had to borrow a spare wheel off someone, cos no spare and that inflation kit or whatever it is does not work. Hubby tried to use it and the foam or whatever it is just spewed over the tyre and road. Anyway have to wait until tomorrow for new wheel to be fitted because they don't stock the tyres and have to order one in. Told them we wanted a warranty claim for the one we took in. I was sat down waiting and dealer said to me that there was a recall for the door wiring and it had to be done then and there. Fair enough i thought but why didn't send us a letter seeing as we bought the car from them? Why ....because we aren't on their system !!!! Took 2 hours to get it done and now he reckons the brake pads need replacing as well. Great forum glad I found you .

• 2 years later...

had the same problems and took my 2009 SXT to the dealership last week where i bought the car (richmond,british columbia)..they told me the door wiring harness has to be replaced(wires were worn out) and would cost me about Cdn$500(parts and labor)..they odered the parts from Chrysler..never knew/don't remember receiving a letter/not informed from the dealership about a recall on this(is there a recall for it in Canada??)...am i supposed to have it replaced by them for free because of the recall?? glad to have found out about this forum..thinking about trading in my Journey now after they have it replaced...feeling sick about spending all that money on new tires, brakes,etc...pls., anyone?? would appreciate advice on this...

Edited by andy

exact same problem i had....the service guy said the entire door wire harness has to be replaced after checking my car...cost will be around Cdn$500(didn't tell me about any recall))..is there really a recall on this in Canada??

Canada-Recall-K07 Front Door Wiring Harness. Covers 2009 Dodge Journeys built from Nov 01, 2007 through Nov 07, 2008. VIN range 3D4GG57D79T109123 - 3D4GH67V39T572601.

Although my wife's Journey is included in the recall, I chose to accomplish the recall requirements myself when she complained that the radio wasn't turning off when the door was opened. I have a subscription to Alldata so the information was easy to come by. It took me about an hour to replace the wiring harness in each door. I ordered the kit from an online Dealer for $46.95 delivered.

exact same problem i had....the service guy said the entire door wire harness has to be replaced after checking my car...cost will be around Cdn$500(didn't tell me about any recall))..is there really a recall on this in Canada??

The recall applies to all Journey's. Dont let the dealer jerk you around.

• Official Dodge Support

andy,

There is a K07 recall and it does affect a number of Canadian Journeys.

Did you receive recall notification by mail?

Recalls are VIN specific so this doesn't mean each and every Journey built in 2009 is affected.

Your dealer is capable of making this determination, you can also send me a private message with your VIN and I can check for you.