2012 journey electrical problem FIXED

Ok so I’ve been working on my step daughters journey, it started out that she took it to 2 shops, they replaced the battery, then the alternator. After several hundred dollars, the car still had the same issues, the car would act like a dead battery, hook up a jump pack it would start, only to die when the pack was disconnected. I got the car from her and reading several forums on line I found that this issue comes up a few times. So after doing a ton of testing with a multimeter, I found that it PASSED every test! So I started doing some old fashion wire tracing, and come to find out the cause of the whole problem was the power cable from the battery to the fuse block where the factory terminal connected to the cable was damaged inside the jacket! It wasn’t easy to spot because the factory connection has some sort of sealant on it (probably to prevent moisture from getting inside) so I replaced the cable with a new off the shelf universal one from Napa, and ta-da problem solved! 

thanks for the info, it sure might come in helpful for posters who are having problems,,my daughter was having problems with her older caravan and the problem ended up being a wire shorting out in the connector making her coil short out and go bad,was a hard thing to trace down as well     congratulation on solving your problem