Greetings From Saint John, New Brunswick

Nord-Stream

Good Day All, 

I have a 2011 Dodge Journey R/T, 3.6, AWD with 203000 KM.  I bought my Journey last Aug and got it for a song and dance, so I don't mind putting a few bucks into an older vehicle.  I know enough about vehicles that when something is not right I have a general idea what might be the problem.  So far I've installed four new wheel bearings and a thermostat, otherwise it's has been a good reliable set of wheels.

Looking forward to collaborating with other Journey owners.

Cheers

S

Edited by Nord-Stream

Greetings from Riverview, NB.

I'm a new Journey owner myself.

Purchased a 2018 SE CVP in December.  40,000 kms.

I've been working at improving the cosmetics. 

So far, I've purchased some 19" rims and brake caliper covers from kijiji....getting some factory mudguards installed tomorrow.

Other than than, looking forward to getting some waxing/buffing done when the weather improves.

1.jpg

1 hour ago, Nord-Stream said:

Good Day All, 

I have a 2011 Dodge Journey R/T, 3.6, AWD with 203000 KM.  I bought my Journey last Aug and got it for a song and dance, so I don't mind putting a few bucks into an older vehicle.  I know enough about vehicles that when something is not right I have a general idea what might be the problem.  So far I've installed four new wheel bearings and a thermostat, otherwise it's has been a good reliable set of wheels.

Looking forward to collaborating with other Journey owners.

Cheers

S

I would get to the fluids right away if you don’t have service records.  Front PTU , rear diff, transmission filter and oil for sure.

My wife’s2014  RT is just at 200k, got it at 120k. Fairly good car for the price. Were the bearings getting loud or was it abs/traction control light that triggered change. 

1 minute ago, John/Horace said:

I would get to the fluids right away if you don’t have service records.  Front PTU , rear diff, transmission filter and oil for sure.

My wife’s2014  RT is just at 200k, got it at 120k. Fairly good car for the price. Were the bearings getting loud or was it abs/traction control light that triggered change. 

also coolant service

13 hours ago, John/Horace said:

Oil, transmission filter and coolant have been changed.  I will take care of the rear diff and front PTU.  One bearing was making a loud noise so I changed it, a week later the ABS/Traction Control light came on.  Did my research and found it was another bearing so I decided to change out all three.

27 minutes ago, Locosiete said:

Glad to know i am not alone in thinking they look good

IF they didn't look so darned good (inside or outside), I'd not looked more into getting the one we have('11 3.6AWD). As the car was going to be for our son and this Journey (although a bargain price) was more than what we spent for my T&C AND wife's G6 COMBINED! And yes, I don't mind "putting in the work" to bring a car "up to snuff" but the purchase price HAS to be right.

That is the reason for the Lucerne cxl I'm now working on. Needs an EVAP canister vent solenoid and some broken wire work(no different than the DJ hatch). All for a $2 k purchase that has a selling price (with all things working) between $6 - $9k

Back on track....The DJ DOES have NICE LOOKS and appointments for an SUV !!!      :)