BLuetooth and phone greyed out wont WORK

I recently got a 2012 Dodge Journey SXT it is supposed to have the ability to connect to the bluetooth but it will not work I updated it and still nothing and I can't even click in the option to edit it in settings anyone have an idea what would be going on

1 minute ago, OhareFred said:

If it’s grayed out, you likely do not have that option.  Handsfree is not standard...

It's option I even called I tried the system update I'm stuck on the please wait part 

Just now, OhareFred said:

What have you tried other than the update? Did you try disconnecting the net cable for 30-45 mins like suggested in your other post?

whats the net cable if you don't mind me asking do you mean the negative and positive or just do I need to disconnect the negative?

1 minute ago, OhareFred said:

I corrected that, stupid autocorrect.   disconnect the negative cable for 30-45 mins

Alright I will right now I'm gonna take pictures as well of what I see before disconnecting it 

10 minutes ago, OhareFred said:

I corrected that, stupid autocorrect.   disconnect the negative cable for 30-45 mins

Here's a pic of what I see. I disconnected the battery and have a timer set for 45 min

20210501_182047.jpg

Go into settings.  Looks like it may have reset to a default screen.  Does everything work?  AM/FM, Sat if you have it? Did you pair your phone? Does your phone show a UConnect option in your Bluetooth settings? Does UConnect show an option to pair a phone?  Did you read the owners manual? Did you set up an account at Mopar.com?

sorry for all the questions but your being pretty vague and it’s hard to tell what’s going on from my couch...?

2 minutes ago, OhareFred said:

Go into settings.  Looks like it may have reset to a default screen.  Does everything work?  AM/FM, Sat if you have it? Did you pair your phone? Does your phone show a UConnect option in your Bluetooth settings? Does UConnect show an option to pair a phone?  Did you read the owners manual? Did you set up an account at Mopar.com?

sorry for all the questions but your being pretty vague and it’s hard to tell what’s going on from my couch...?

Geez lol didn't miss a single question I did try to connect same problem this is what I got I'm driving my other dodge journey right now I have 3 of them but this one I feel like I'm going to really like if it works right ??

20210501_194759.jpg

I would say the Bluetooth/handsfree module is bad.

I have an 09 and the BT/HF module was replaceable , although I never had to until I took it out and installed a Kenwood unit.  UConnect would not work with my IPhone 11.  The UConnect system was too old and UConnect was not going to update it.

So if the module is replaceable you can go that route, an aftermarket unit with handsfree (like my Kenwood) or a refurbished factory unit (factoryradios.com, try them)

Good luck, maybe someone else will chime in with other suggestions.....

I went through   Crutchfield.com. Put in your car info, your choices pop up.  Very happy with my Kenwood with wireless CarPlay/Android Auto.  BT works fantastic.  Never had HVAC on my screen, but kept my steering wheel controls and backup camera with their module (Meistro?). The staff was very helpful.  I think I paid around ..$700 for everything I needed ifrc

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/1/2021 at 6:17 PM, OhareFred said:

Question do you know what the Bluetooth module is called that need for the dodge journey?

i've never encountered a Blue version of the screen of a Dodge journey- 
This leads me to believe that the screen is from a Chrysler 200 or Chrysler 300, and NOT from Dodge Journey originally.  Maybe it was somehow re-programmed to look like the red Dodge version, but after a hard reset it reverted to it's original colors.

My guess is that the radio was installed after the car what manufactured, (possibly as an upgrade from 4.3 Uconnect to 8.4 Uconnect.  This upgrade is not easy when you're going from one Dodge Journey to another, yet alone from a Chrysler to a dodge.

I suspect there is some incompatibility between the head unit, and the dodge's BT module.

Could be

1. bad module, needing to be replaced
  2. bad wiring (whoever installed the Chrysler 8.4" Display didn't install all the wires correctly
  3. burned out / removed BT module fuse (found in the fuse box located behind the glove box)
  4. incompatibility between the Chrysler head, (2011+ Chrysler 300 unit, or 2015+ chrysler 200 head unit) and the Dodge Journey BT Module (which is possibly the original from the DJ

2 minutes ago, NavalLacrosse said:

i've never encountered a Blue version of the screen of a Dodge journey- 
This leads me to believe that the screen is from a Chrysler 200 or Chrysler 300, and NOT from Dodge Journey originally.  Maybe it was somehow re-programmed to look like the red Dodge version, but after a hard reset it reverted to it's original colors.

My guess is that the radio was installed after the car what manufactured, (possibly as an upgrade from 4.3 Uconnect to 8.4 Uconnect.  This upgrade is not easy when you're going from one Dodge Journey to another, yet alone from a Chrysler to a dodge.

I suspect there is some incompatibility between the head unit, and the dodge's BT module.

Could be

1. bad module, needing to be replaced
  2. bad wiring (whoever installed the Chrysler 8.4" Display didn't install all the wires correctly
  3. burned out / removed BT module fuse (found in the fuse box located behind the glove box)
  4. incompatibility between the Chrysler head, (2011+ Chrysler 300 unit, or 2015+ chrysler 200 head unit) and the Dodge Journey BT Module (which is possibly the original from the DJ

I never thought to try the fuse gonan try that one first and go from there 

• 5 months later...