HVAC module

OhareFred

Hey all, looking for a little info. I have: 09 Journey, 3.5 R/T. 3 zone automatic HVAC.

The issue is tonight I took the car to get gas for my wife (her car) and discovered half the display doesn’t light up.  The temp numbers are there, but the lights behind the various buttons are DOA.  

The question: are there replaceable bulbs or does the module need to be replaced?  The entire module would be covered under my MaxCare warranty, but if someone knows about the bulbs that would be easy enough to change.  If so, would you have a bulb number (can’t find any in the OM or internet...

95C44612-004B-4EB6-89FF-78BBC2DCD001.jpeg

Edited by OhareFred
Trying to add picture

Haven’t gotten any reply’s.  Are you guys seeing this?  

I’ve searched the web, everything says no serviceable parts, but it looks like there are 3 bulbs.  Going to try calling the parts department at my dealer, see what they say.  Will tear the dash out and look this weekend, but would really rather have the bulbs ready. I will update later.

A favor, could anyone reply with something so I know this is being seen?  Even a “let us know” would make me happy.

thanks!  ??

Yup, you can see yourself that your postings are going on the board. Responses may be due to the fact that nobody has the info or experience of dealing with your problem, at any rate I have not dealt with such an issue to any of my many dodge/Chrysler vehicles that I've owned and have that use the same type of illuminated switches to be able to tell you what the bulb's part # would be or how to replace them IF possible.

just seen your post, i hate to tell you , but i am 99.9% sure there is no bulbs there,, i use to work at chrysler electronics building radios and such that is a solid display glass face design if they still build them that way, now that said it could be the display gone bad or a diode or resistor that is making it light up that way but either way it probally would be more expensive even if you could find someone to check it out and work on it instead of replacing it under your warranty,,,,strange tho as i dont ever remember the light bleed over like that before, usually a part of the sections of the display go bad resulting in just part of a number rto not show up.. good luck,,,,,,,,,i had my back up camera going bad for a long time and i just kept waiting for something else to go wrong so i could have it all fixed under the same ded, but nothing else was going wrong so i finally bit the bullet and paid the ded , and they replaced the camera which was bad...oh well

I called the dealer parts dept.  he looked it up and there might be replaceable bulbs, a #37.  I’m goin to hit a auto parts store and grab a couple and look into it Saturday.

Already did the 100k maintenance last fall, so even if I pay $100 to have them replace the entire thing, it’s cheaper than just the part.  I will update Saturday.

And thank you for the reply’s!  I was getting worried...?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:  So, there are 3 replaceable bulbs in the back of the HVAC control.  2 number 74/37 bulbs/sockets and a third very tiny one.  I used these LED’s as the number 37 replacements from Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S7D16CH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used the included sockets (original bulbs are soldered in to their sockets) had to turn one 180 degrees (LED’s are +/- sensitive) but work great.  Dim with the dash lights as well.  

Now all I have to do is figure out what size the 3rd bulb is.  I’m thinking a NEO T3  but am waiting for an answer to an email to be sure.  Will let you know....

Edited by OhareFred

I have already replaced 2 of the bulbs. There are 3 regular bulbs (tiny tiny bulbs) soldered in 1/4 twist sockets. As stated, 2 were a “37 (or 74, seems it’s the same). I did replace those 2 with a LED bulb.  Used the socket that came with the LED bulbs.  Trying to figure  out the smaller side bulb.  I think it’s a T3 NEO, which should be delivered today.  Will update on the 3rd bulb size...

Nice job! I've replaced similar bulbs for dash cluster lights  in many dodge vehicles, but not in HVAC controls to know what they used.  Also I'm to new to the Journey to have been working in the dash stuff yet.  I don't even have a cheap Haynes book yet for ours, like I usually get for each of my cars.