Is it possible my Uconnect doesn’t have Bluetooth?

This may be a ridiculous question

I recently purchased a 2013 Dodge Journey SXT. All the signs point to it having a Uconnect 4.3s, except it doesn’t seem to have Bluetooth. Is it just likely that there is simply no Bluetooth on the model I have? If so, is it affordable/easy to upgrade to a system that has Bluetooth?

Fair question;

uConnect is the name of the vehicle user interface, which includes the radio, air conditioning, heated seat and inverter controis and Navigation (if you have them) as well as the settings interface for things like the remote start, automatic door locks, headlights and more. 

Bluetooth is an optional feature.

If you don't have the voice buttons on the left side of the  your steering wheel, then your unit has no factory Bluetooth.

My first Journey had no Bluetooth, so what I did was to put in a Garmin navigator that provided voice activated Bluetooth - the big thing was that I had to manually turn down the stereo when I wanted to use the phone - it worked quite well.  My current Journey has both Bluetooth, since the trim level included the feature and the factory navigation - much better integration, but similar functionality..

Enjoy your ride.

Thanks. That’s pretty much what I figured. I was hoping for the Bluetooth to play my music/podcasts through the stereo without having to use the USB port in the console, but no matter. I just upgraded from an ‘89 F150 so I’m not gonna complain. Thanks for your help. 

10 hours ago, OhareFred said:

Even if you had Bluetooth 2013 could not play music via BT, iirc

I can't speak to 2013, but my 2014 certainly can.  No music details displayed onscreen, mind you.

I use Android devices, however - they are mostly closer to the standard than Apple.  The only devices I've found that are completely complaint to the BT standards are older Blackberry products.  Those were the cat's meow before the two major operating systems took them out.

Edited by bramfrank

In my 09 the only thing BT worked with was phone calls.  Eventually swapped the radio and BT system to a Kenwood with wireless car play/phone. Absolutely love it, works flawless with Apple and Android, and is free updates...

Edited by OhareFred

• 1 year later...