120K Mile Review

af3ll

Hello everyone,

So I haven't posted here in a very long time, but I wanted to provide an update on my 2015 Dodge Journey. I have a SXT, V6, FWD, Blacktop edition. I have owned it since 2015, brand new and I purchased from Military Auto Source. It's been operated in Missouri mostly with long trips to Alabama and Galveston, TX. We keep it in the garage at night. Here is a link to my original post which was after the 7K mile mark.

So it's been a little over 5 years since we've had the car. I've managed to put 120,000 miles on it due to living in the country and multiple trips to Kansas. Overall, I'm very happy with the car and I've only had minor issues. Those are:

- The navigation is awful. We had it fixed under warranty which involved replacing the entire unit. It failed again, saying it did not have detailed maps. Pretty lame, but oh well.

- This thing eats tires. I have the 19 inch wheels so maybe that has something to do with it. It also probably doesn't help that we do a lot of highway driving.

- I had a hole in the wiper fluid hose. I fixed that with tape and it's held ever since.

- A coyote committed suicide into the front passenger's side of the car. There is a minor droop on the bumper, but nothing too noticeable.

- I had to replace the windshield due to a crack. That certainly wasn't the car's fault. I did think it wasn't put in right at first because it made a weird vibrating noise at high speeds, but that was because the rubber at the bottom of the windshield was vibrating.

That's it. That's all the problems we've had so far (knock on wood). The third row is not the best, but it'll do if you need extra space for kids. The gas mileage is ok and with gas prices the way they are now, it doesn't hurt to fill up. The V6 has great power, the transmission shifts fine, sunroof still works and doesn't leak. I like the storage but I don't really use the floor coolers very much.

Overall, great car and I'm glad we bought it. It works for my family of four.

i do agree with you on the 19 inch tires not lasting,  my 17 inch on my 2011 lasted almost till i traded it in at 70 k, just put on my third set of 19 inch on my 2014 at 104 k of course the second set  were ruined by the rear camber getting out of whack so cant blame that on the tires, never had a problem with my 2011 getting out of alignment but this 2014 I have had a lot of problems with the alignment so much that  i had after market upper rear control arm/ trailing link installed and also i purchased a lifetime alignment contract from Quick Lane auto stores ( they are owned by ford dealerships or associated with them) cost me around $180. but it has saved me a bunch of $$ so far by having it checked every 6 months when i have the tires rotated, just had it checked yesterday and both rear sides and one front side needed adjustment.... had a bad yr last yr on windshields as well had to have mine replaced 2 times last summer, other than that i stll really love the journey and for it being 6-7 yrs old i still like the looks of it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Glad to see you have had a good experience with it! I agree the Nav units on these and even the newer FCA vehicles are super buggy! I know my Renegade’s radio would sometimes take several minutes to come on. (So does our 4Runner’s). I prefer the simpler head units they seem to work a lot better.