2023 Dodge Journey “SUV Revival”

• 3 weeks later...

I agree it will lose some space inside, but I actually really like the looks of this rendering. The problem is that it's a short-sighted design; by the time 2023 rolls around, the Charger won't look like this anymore. They won't mimic an old design for the front of a new car. So even though this looks pretty good, if they bring the Journey back, it probably won't look anything like this. 

• 3 months later...

The last I read the new Dodge would have a more road oriented chassis based on the Stelvio platform but making way for the Hemi as an engine option. Article also said the car would borrow heavily from the Charger in styling cues so it fits the Dodge performance image better. Five passenger seating is planned (Yup, no third row) Not a bad rendering but I don't think it will have the body shape of the Stelvio despite sharing the chassis. One of my questions will be if the 3.6 will still be offered or will a turbo four be the step down from the Hemi? Dodge has a huge opportunity here to not only replace the Journey but tickle former Magnum owners back to the brand. The show car will be very interesting to see. I expect it may hit the shows late next year? Could just easily look like this but on a shorter scale, although I dont think they will be quite so blatant.

hellcat-wagon-r2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to a local CDJR salesman late November, he said that 2020 would be the last year for Journey. Apparently they expect a lot of Journey shoppers to buy Jeep Compass or Latitude instead. And those who need the 3rd row would probably consider a Pacifica or Voyager.

So for us, either it's a used Journey, or larger SUVs - Explorer, Highlander, etc. It's a shame that small 3rd row SUVs will be extinct soon!