Car battery dead possibly? can’t get into car

I went to unlock my journey from inside my house, got outside and the car doors were still locked. I tried again and wasn’t unlocking. The lights on the car were not even flashing. At first I thought it may be the key fob battery, replaced it and it didn’t work. 
now here comes the fun part. I pull out my mechanical key to unlock the door, key goes in and will turn both ways but will not unlock the car door. I’ve never used the key and bought the car used. So now I’m locked out of my car, I have googled with no solution and lost on what to do. 

Edited by Hauntedsoul

If the key turns it should be the correct key.  My only thought would be call AAA for lock out assistance (you can join then request). They could help you with a jump as well.  Other option might be a locksmith. You didn’t say how long you’ve had the car, if recent try the dealer....

2016 probally the original car battery, probally dead, well tomorrow is sat, if he cant get in and if its the org battery, i would just go ahead and replace it and hoped that was the problem,time to call some friends over with a jack and jack stands and a few tools and pull it and have it checked or replaced.good luck

P.S. welcome to the group even tho its  because of a problem

Edited by 2late4u
spelling

• Official Dodge Support
On 2/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, Hauntedsoul said:

I went to unlock my journey from inside my house, got outside and the car doors were still locked. I tried again and wasn’t unlocking. The lights on the car were not even flashing. At first I thought it may be the key fob battery, replaced it and it didn’t work. 
now here comes the fun part. I pull out my mechanical key to unlock the door, key goes in and will turn both ways but will not unlock the car door. I’ve never used the key and bought the car used. So now I’m locked out of my car, I have googled with no solution and lost on what to do. 

Hi Hauntedsoul, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares