220 miles a tank!?

Kenneth Elie

Can any with experience point me into the right direction?

2014 crossroad dash reads 12-14 for city. Did a road trip and avgd 18mpg..

Fueled up last week and only got 220 miles out of it. All city.

We do regular oil changes (lifetime oil change deal) and during the check ups we're all green on the reports from the dealer. Out of warranty at this point so I'm treading lightly on dealing with full repair costs.

so what eng 3.6 i guess?how many miles on the speedo, does the journey seem to be running fine,hard to guess what is wrong from here, sounds like a trip to your dealership for a diagnostic test, possible gas leaking  from tank my daughters caravan the fuel pump leaked right after coming out of the tank they used a plastic fitting that would age and crack.good luck on what you find out.

Check your brakes also. The dealership here does not check the brakes as part of a routine oil change without tire rotation. They mark off the blue (N/A) spot on the inspection sheet.

You may have a slight drag on a brake. The front should make the car pull to one side, even slightly. The rear will not show in driving if very light but it will wear the pads and rotors noticeably and drop gas mileage considerably.

As jkeaton said, it might be time for a tune up.  If over 100,000 miles, get your spark plugs changed (if they have not been changed before).  If it is a 6 cylinder, go with the iridium plugs, preferably mopar plugs.  And - take the advice from the boys above and check the brakes.

Best of luck.

mechanical-idiot